Starting WR - Glenn, Morton, Coles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Starting WR - Glenn, Morton, Coles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Starting WR - Glenn, Morton, Coles

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:50 pm

Which two of the above three should I start this week? Any help appreciated.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:31 pm

I would start Johnie Morton out of those three.
n_tremain23

Postby kashikis » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:07 am

i'd start coles because the jets play buffalo and they have a weak secondary i also expect that it will be a passing orientated game minus obviously c-mart's touches
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Not a bad choice.

Postby trentvaughn » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:33 am

Start Morton and Coles. They'll both have a good game.

Morton is the tested WR on this years Chiefs squad. Green and Morton will be a nice combo this year. Coles is just lighting things up in New Jersey. The Buffalo secondary isn't terrible, but the Jets are on an offensive roll.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

You People are Scaring Me

Postby DraftDodger » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:55 am

You people are beginning to scare the hell out of me. Not start Terry Glenn?????

FAVRE is da bomb, everyone here says so, but evidently they all think he's gonna throw to the invisible man.

Terry Glenn vs the Atlanta secondary is a CRIME. But it will be Atlanta feeling the punishment. Glenn will be open all night long, and he's good enough that he will get the ball even against the inevitable double teams. Terry Glenn and Jimmy Smith will likely be the big WR winners this week (although I am sure Dallas will exploit the Texans, they will prefer to give E. Smith the easy carries rather than do alot of passing). Glenn's history of injury is exactly that---HISTORY. Until he gets injured, play him! When he's on the field, he is very tough to beat. If he sits on your bench Week 1, you are going to get laughed out of your league when he puts up incredible numbers.

Upside, gentlemen ... it's about upside. Favre/Glenn vs Atlanta is about as much upside as you'll ever see. Glenn had good numbers in New England and they will be even better in Green Bay, a team with more focus on big plays. I can't count the number of times I've seen Glenn streaking all alone towards the end zone and Bledsoe throwing to the opposite side of the field because he never looked off a receiver (one of Bledsoe's major faults; the other is that he actually got worse at reading defenses/getting rid of the ball). Favre won't make that mistake, and Favre/Glenn owners will reap the rewards. Glenn is also one of those receivers who is always a threat to go the distance every time he catches the ball, not one of those lumbering guys who guarantees you over-the-middle catches but few big plays. Watch the Atlanta game. I bet that at least once he makes a huge gain (50-60 yds) off a 9 or 10-yard pass play.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk