Henry/Mcgahee..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry/Mcgahee.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry/Mcgahee.....

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:33 am

Assuming Buffalo doesn't make any moves with their RB's in the offseason, where do you guys see Henry/Mcgahee going in drafts?

In a few early drafts, I've seen Henry slip to the mid 2nd round and Mcgahee going around the 5th-7th. IMHO, Henry is a steal at that spot, and that could either be entirely too early for Mcgahee or entirely too late. He could end up with the same numbers as Henry 3-5 rounds later...

Thoughts?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:42 am

This is a very tough one to foresee. In the draft you and i are in, i took henry in mid 2nd and thought i had a steal. Considering its a 14 team league. My next draft, however, somebody took him mid 4th round, in a 10 team league.
IMO, Buffalo has no reason to start Mcgahee as long as Henry plays the way he does. Fantasywise, he is a true stud, with 1500+ yards an 10+ tds. The fact that fantasy players have to worry about him being replaced is nuts. I think that getting Henry anytime after the 1st round is a good deal, and i myself wouldnt take Mcgahee until at least the 9th.
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby t-love » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:59 am

I wouldn't even bother with Mcgahee, and personally would not draft henry in the first or second round.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:07 am

I love and had Henry last year. He was my second round RB selection. The dude was getting 160 yards and 2 TD's on a broken freaking leg for goodness sake! The McGahee question is really annoying, because we just don't know how much of the offense he will snatch up. If he takes the 3rd down back role it would be great because Henry isn't involved in their 3rd down package. But, if it's a Hearst/Barlow situation Henry becomes a reserve type guy.

I see no reason for them to take Henry out at all. I think Buffalo was dumb to take Willis in the first place unless they got him just to trade to another team. When will he get the reps to prove his trade value? Probably by the time the Bills are out of playoff contention - and right in the middle of the fantasy playoffs! We'll end up with what I had last year where Henry was useless for the playoffs. Thank goodness I got Davis and Foster last year on waivers ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:10 am

I have no inside info or anything so this is the way I would see it going down. The kind of injury McGahee had usually takes at least 18 months to heal completely. He broke three ligaments in his leg. I see no reason why Buffalo doesn't let Henry play the whole season, throwing Willis in there every once and a while. Henry (I am pretty sure) is in a contract season. Henry is gonna be playing his hardest and coming off a good season last year is gonna expect to be the starter. What I see them doing is letting Willis play a few downs a game, throwing him in there are seeing how he does, with Henry getting the mian load. This way they can let McGahee heal completely before throwing him out there and will be able to see if they can afford to lose Henry and have McGahee as their top back.

I just read this about Willis though so I'm not so sure how my plan stands now.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Flux » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:50 am

I think it's a situation that I'm going to completely avoid.

If they want to keep McGahee and trade Henry after this year, they need to get Henry's trade value up so they have to play him, but they also want McGahee to get reps and learn the system.

If they want to trade McGahee after this year, they need him to prove he isnt injured and can play at the NFL level, but also need to keep Henry happy.

Or they are going to keep both, in which case they wasted a 1st rd pick IMO b/c they already had a stud RB. But by keeping both, you now have to keep them both happy.

So no matter what, I think there is going to be some sort of RBBC, with Henry still getting the majority of the carries. The %, i dont know, 80/20 at the beginning maybe and 60/40 near the end of the season.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:05 pm

Although the Bills have said they could use a 2-man backfield, I tend to think McGahee will be more of a 3rd down back used to keep Henry fresh. This will benefit both backs and by next year, one of them should be on a new team. I think Henry is a steal in the mid-second and belongs in the early second. McGahee could play nicely for a 7th round pick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:59 pm

I had Henry last year ... he's a tough guy as you all know.
The way I'm seeing this deal is that Henry is again going to be a solid RB pick, and McGahee's value is mainly picking him up as a backup RB in case you already have Henry.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:19 pm

I read an article on ESPN a while back and seen that Henry has already lost the starting job to Willis i dont have the link anymore but it said something about henry getting traded because he said he woudnt play unless he was the number 1 guy so.....................................
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:28 pm

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:I read an article on ESPN a while back and seen that Henry has already lost the starting job to Willis i dont have the link anymore but it said something about henry getting traded because he said he woudnt play unless he was the number 1 guy so.....................................

If you read any of the Buffalo forums, Willis McGahee has added fifty pounds of pure muscle and is faster than a speeding bullet.

I don't recall reading about Henry losing his job to McGahee. Buffalo would be foolish to ship Henry out of town when they have a player like McGahee who is coming off of a serious injury and hasn't even played a down in the NFL as their only other starting RB candidate. I think Henry is one of, if not the best, #2 RB you can get (assuming you're not playing in a league full of dumbasses who let Portis slip into the second round or something). I can't see McGahee cutting into Henry's fantasy value much next season.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Football Talk