Henry/Mcgahee..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry/Mcgahee.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MCG321 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:12 pm

I would never take McGahee in the 5th-7th. I'm still trying to fill my starting lineup; not taking risks on backups with no NFL experience. If he's there very late and I have no outstanding needs, I'd take him, but I wouldn't take him early.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:36 pm

He won't be there very late, in FF you have to gamble sometimes based on potential and someone in every league will probably gamble on McGahee.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:48 pm

At the earliest, I'm thinking Henry will be taken at around the mid-2nd round. At the latest, probably early-mid third.

As for McGahee, in redraft leagues, he will probably be taken around the 8th round or later. In keeper and dynasty leagues, maybe as early as the 6th.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:20 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:He won't be there very late, in FF you have to gamble sometimes based on potential and someone in every league will probably gamble on McGahee.

Well, I'll gladly let others take a risk on him, and I'll stick with my other sleepers.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:14 am

MCG321 wrote:I would never take McGahee in the 5th-7th. I'm still trying to fill my starting lineup; not taking risks on backups with no NFL experience. If he's there very late and I have no outstanding needs, I'd take him, but I wouldn't take him early.

A man after my own heart (except for the whole Eagles fan thing). You looking for a 2004 keeper league? I just so happen to have a few spots left in the cafe invite keeper league I started.
;-)

Anyway, I think of all the handcuff/backup RB sleepers out there, DeShaun Foster is #1. Chris Brown is #2. If you're going to take a chance on anyone in the 6th round, it should be one of those two. Why? They both saw playing time last season and on top of that, saw significant playoff time. When the games mattered the most, their respective coaches were confident enough in their abilities to let them play. Not only that, both back up old workhorse RBs, that have seen better days.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Keeper league

Postby MCG321 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:20 pm

KingGhidra wrote:A man after my own heart (except for the whole Eagles fan thing). You looking for a 2004 keeper league? I just so happen to have a few spots left in the cafe invite keeper league I started.
;-)

Hey there. I actually am interested in a keeper league for this year (I'm assuming since it's new that you guys haven't drafted yet), so I'd like some info if you would want me in your league. Thanks. ;-D
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:40 pm

I see this as the Davis/Foster situation of last year. As long as Henry is healthy it seems to me that he will get almost the full workload with McGahee spelling him now and then.

The other situation is that McGahee is so outstanding that he takes the job from Henry. Anyway, I would not fret about this. You should full well know how it's is going to go down before fantasy draft day.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby WhiteChocolate » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:24 pm

Canacuna wrote:
If you read any of the Buffalo forums, Willis McGahee has added fifty pounds of pure muscle and is faster than a speeding bullet.

lol, I wanna read these Buffalo fans rants, I bet there straight jokes.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:09 pm

WhiteChocolate wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
If you read any of the Buffalo forums, Willis McGahee has added fifty pounds of pure muscle and is faster than a speeding bullet.

lol, I wanna read these Buffalo fans rants, I bet there straight jokes.

so now the nfl has 275lb runningbacks... D-Boss has switched positioned?

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk