Danny Snyder is CRAZY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Danny Snyder is CRAZY

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelyeri » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:05 pm

terpfan wrote:Manning one has no merit....

but i cant believe it the gallery one seems to be true. i personally dont like it. #5 and samuels is WAY too much. i was thikning samuels and gardner or samuels and a 5th round pick. i really hope they dont give up the #5.

they are willing to give up samuels because he apparently doesn't want to restructure to a deal the skins agree with. he would probably just get cut eventually anyway. they might as well get something in return for him. I guarantee they WILL NOT pay him his scheduled 9.5 in 2005. that;s the problem with heavily backloading contracts.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:13 pm

terpfan wrote:poor lil danny

Those three words should never be said together in the same sentence!! :-o :-D
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mikey » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:27 pm

hayesb26 wrote:
terpfan wrote:poor lil danny

Those three words should never be said together in the same sentence!! :-o :-D

Certainly not the "poor" part.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby terpfan » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:31 pm

steelyeri wrote:just for the record this was terp's response.

terpfan wrote:this is BS, there is no way we can trade samuels, the cap hit would be ENORMOUS. besides, what would we want the #2 pick for anyway? and how is samuels or ramsey worth giving up to move up 3 spots?

oh yeah, and this.

terpfan wrote:i just heard on a redskins board that peter king was reporting the redskins 5th ROUND PICK and samuels for the #2. that would mean the skins would pick #2 and #5. i think that would be a great deal for the skins, if we could handle the cap hit from samuels. :-? still seems pretty unrealistic though, i dont know why the raiders would do it.

whoever posted this one was on something. he must have misunderstood the #5 pick as being a fifth round pick. no way that one would ever happen.
[/quote]
sportswriter peter king was the one who said it was samuels and the 5th rounder i believe, not just a random internet rumor... edit: i did just do a search for the article however, and could not find it, so who knows.

but i must say, i still cant believe we are considering this. :-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:33 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Samuels and #5 is too muich I agree, Gallery would be anice addition, though. He would, as was stated, give them cap relief, while adding young talent to the O-line.
Id like to see them screw up though }:-)

Did you watch them play last year? JP, even though Samuels and the #5 is too much Gallery should be a stud and Samuels is costing hella cash to the Skins. I would rather keep the 5 and take Sean Taylor.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:17 pm

Well i dont think its 2 much since samuels will end up being cut but i think they can workout someting out without the #5 pick but yea i also herad abpout the trade with the chargers as well
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:12 pm

Mel Kiper on ESPN's Draft Special just said the trade was not going to happen. He was pretty emphatic stating that it did not make any sense and was not going to go through.

i hope he's right... :-°

im still hoping for samuels/gardner for the #2. gallery and taylor...mmmmm :-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:19 pm

YEah I just saw that. Seeing as he is the major guy in ESPNs draft stuff...Id trust him. Ive read a lot of his stuff and its pretty good. How can you still be hungry terp? Gibbs has feed you already...pig :-P

;-)

Getting gallery and taylor would be unfair, those two are NEEDED in pitt :-[
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:36 pm

terpfan wrote:im still hoping for samuels/gardner for the #2. gallery and taylor...mmmmm :-D

Dream on :-), that one is the least likely in the history of trade rumours. we have a very good left tackle in barry sims. and he isn't as expensive. I would much rather have fitz or roy than samuels. I was actually hoping for ramsey and swapping first rounders but that probably won't happen either.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:22 pm

steelyeri wrote:
terpfan wrote:im still hoping for samuels/gardner for the #2. gallery and taylor...mmmmm :-D

Dream on :-), that one is the least likely in the history of trade rumours. we have a very good left tackle in barry sims. and he isn't as expensive. I would much rather have fitz or roy than samuels. I was actually hoping for ramsey and swapping first rounders but that probably won't happen either.

so whats with all the gallery and samuels talk in oakland if simms is so good? thats not meant to be rhetorical... im curious.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk