Danny Snyder is CRAZY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Danny Snyder is CRAZY

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:43 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Did you watch them play last year? JP, even though Samuels and the #5 is too much Gallery should be a stud and Samuels is costing hella cash to the Skins. I would rather keep the 5 and take Sean Taylor.

I gotta agree with cheese, they are traing a premier OT just to get another potential one as well as lose a potential playmake at safety.... They should of thought about the money issue when doling out big contracts to players not worthy of them...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:52 pm

NittanyLions wrote:YEah I just saw that. Seeing as he is the major guy in ESPNs draft stuff...Id trust him. Ive read a lot of his stuff and its pretty good. How can you still be hungry terp? Gibbs has feed you already...pig :-P

;-)

Getting gallery and taylor would be unfair, those two are NEEDED in pitt :-[

Not the only things needed in Pitt. QB, CB, DE... should I go on?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:57 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Did you watch them play last year? JP, even though Samuels and the #5 is too much Gallery should be a stud and Samuels is costing hella cash to the Skins. I would rather keep the 5 and take Sean Taylor.

I gotta agree with cheese, they are traing a premier OT just to get another potential one as well as lose a potential playmake at safety.... They should of thought about the money issue when doling out big contracts to players not worthy of them...

samuels was the third pick in the draft... the contract comes with the draft position.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:03 pm

I think he was talking about doling out huge contracts to people not worth the price. EG. Philip Daniels, Mark Brunell, etc.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:04 pm

terpfan wrote:so whats with all the gallery and samuels talk in oakland if simms is so good? thats not meant to be rhetorical... im curious.

I am wondering the same thing and there could be a couple of reasons. With any other team one would think age would be a motive but i doubt that's the deal with the raiders. another thing could be he's coming off surgery. from what i've heard though he's recovering nicely. Samuels might be a slight upgrade from sims but i really don't think it's worth it because of the kind of money he wants. as for gallery, I strongly doubt they take him. Haven't heard much talk about them taking gallery, most experts have them taking roy williams or fitz.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby skinsfan09 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:34 pm

i have watched 90 percent of the games that samuals, gardner, and ramsey have played in.....I have come to the conclusion that i would rather have ramsey and gardner over gallery, but samuals should not have been drafted number 3 overall....he is fine, but only played up to potential his rookie year. Secondly, the skins line is already samuals, fiore, reymor, janson, and thomas. that is not the greatest line, but i am not sickened by it.....the way i see it the skins need D line help......they need someone who can pressure the QB, so i would hope the skins trade down and still pick up a good D line player in late round 1, or even better yet........trade down their number 5 overall pick to get a D line player and a second or third round pick.......then trade samuals and the second/third round pick in order to get gallery at the number two spot.

i would really be interested to hear what terpsfan thinks about my thoughts
skinsfan09

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk