Cafe Mock Rookie Draft finally complete. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe Mock Rookie Draft finally complete.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:01 pm

TTTBone wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:finally, how long did it take us? ;-D

Officially it took 27 days 3 hours and 41 minutes for the picks(not including the trading period), for an average of 10 hours and 21 minutes per pick. :-P
Jeez, who was picking, Mike Tice? :-b

actually 10 hours isnt all THAT bad, it felt like longer.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yianni2112 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:04 pm

Vick to Price and R.Williams.....B-E-A-Uuuuutiful !!!!
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:18 pm

terpfan wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:finally, how long did it take us? ;-D

Officially it took 27 days 3 hours and 41 minutes for the picks(not including the trading period), for an average of 10 hours and 21 minutes per pick. :-P
Jeez, who was picking, Mike Tice? :-b

actually 10 hours isnt all THAT bad, it felt like longer.

Actually, it went pretty quick, with a few hold-ups with people not checking in, being out of town, etc. To be expected, but you're right, it felt longer.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:23 pm

its true we had guys go away for days at a time so that slowed it down, overall I was impressed with the draft because the top pcks were done before the combine... and it was fairly accurate except for that pick of Pape(im not letting that go) and mayb some trades by Houston...

Now My new New Orleans starters are the following

CB-Quentin Jammer
MLB- Jeremiah Trotter
FS-Bob Sanders

Can you say shutdown...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:24 pm

Dallas was able to snag Igor, as listed, and trade for Travis Henry as their new starting RB.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:Rivers will go much higher. The Bills will scoop him at 13 if he's still there.
Giants and Chargers swap and the Chargers will take Rivers at #4.

I also think that DeAngelo Hall will go higher than #16.

M.Williams first 8-o

No chance that Rivers goes at number 4 with Ben, Gallery, and Sean Taylor possibly there. 11 to the Steelers is the absolute highest for Rivers (barring a trade)

[quote="TTTBone]Still, Rivers stock is rising, and I think he has a good chance to be equal or better than Eli or Ben. Good pick, especially since this was before the Couch talk in Green Bay.[/quote]

I also don't see why Rivers is so high in many peoples opinions, he has nowhere near the tools of Eli or Ben, a completely unorthodox delivery, and despite his vaunted leadership skills he never really won a big game. I took him and felt he was a good value at the 25 pick but 11 is the max. he should go.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:45 pm

And what big game did Roethlisberger win? In his only game against a major conference opponent (Iowa), he played absolutely horrid.

Rivers' delivery may be unorthodox, but it's also one of the quickest releases since Marino.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Houston Texans

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:44 am

The Houston Texans GM treated the Texans Team like that Convict treated the Captain on "The Shield" TV show last week. I can't help but wonder if he also took a digital picture of it?

Simply Gross misuse of a teams GM. Simple horrible.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:20 pm

Free Bagel wrote:And what big game did Roethlisberger win? In his only game against a major conference opponent (Iowa), he played absolutely horrid.

Rivers' delivery may be unorthodox, but it's also one of the quickest releases since Marino.

Roethlisberger didn't win any big games, kinda hard to win games in the MAC conference. He's only been playing QB since his senior year of HS and he has a cannon, size, good mobility, and a nice release. His potential is eons ahead of Rivers, talk to me in 10 years when Ben is a perennial Pro-Bowler.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:28 pm

Where's my duck icon? ;-)
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk