Cafe Mock Rookie Draft finally complete. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe Mock Rookie Draft finally complete.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:And what big game did Roethlisberger win? In his only game against a major conference opponent (Iowa), he played absolutely horrid.

Rivers' delivery may be unorthodox, but it's also one of the quickest releases since Marino.

Roethlisberger didn't win any big games, kinda hard to win games in the MAC conference. He's only been playing QB since his senior year of HS and he has a cannon, size, good mobility, and a nice release. His potential is eons ahead of Rivers, talk to me in 10 years when Ben is a perennial Pro-Bowler.

I'm just saying, your knock on Rivers is that he hasn't won any big games, but Ben hasn't either...Kinda like saying Bledsoe is better than Manning because Manning is slow....Can't really consider someone better than another for a weakness that both hold...

Further, Rivers at least played well in his big games (Ohio State and Florida State), helping his team hold on through double and triple overtime, while in Roeth's only big game (Iowa), he threw 4 int's, 0 td's, and got blown out...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:22 pm

Well, personally I think Eli gets a little too much credit because of his pedigree. I started the off-season thinking Roethlisberger was actually the better prospect of the two. However, the more I learn about Rivers, the more I love the guy. History tells us at least one of the three will probably be a bust. Can't really call it now, but all three just look "can't miss" to me now.
Amazing, but looking at needs, Roethlisberger could actually fall to Pittsburgh. Nittany, Steelyeri. ;-D
Rivers might go as early as #13 to Buffalo.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:35 pm

TTTBone wrote:Well, personally I think Eli gets a little too much credit because of his pedigree.

Well, being a hardcore follower of the SEC, Ole Miss hadn't really been much more than a pushover for years, even with Deuce Mccallister. In Eli's Junior and Senior years, they were very competitive. My guess is that they'll be crappy again next year without him...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Yianni2112 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:38 pm

I would be ecstatic if Rivers falls to #13 ,but like I said before watch for him to go as early as #4 San Diego. Just rumors Iv'e been hearing Giants move to #1 and the Bolts take their QB Rivers @ #4 :-?
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:57 pm

Yianni2112 wrote:I would be ecstatic if Rivers falls to #13 ,but like I said before watch for him to go as early as #4 San Diego. Just rumors Iv'e been hearing Giants move to #1 and the Bolts take their QB Rivers @ #4 :-?

I very much doubt it. As it gets closer to the draft, you're seeing teams actually pull away from the various trade scenarios. Granted, this will probably be the most active draft as far as trades in recent history, but Rivers at #4 just 'aint gonna happen. I'm now reading that the Bolts are more inclined to keep #1.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Yianni2112 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:46 pm

Come to Daddy P.Rivers !!!

signed,

The #13 pick.
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous