Your thoughts on My championship Match up - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Your thoughts on My championship Match up

Moderator: Football Moderators

Your thoughts on My championship Match up

Postby e-man » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:55 am

My team

QB Bulger
RB Portis Alexander
WR Chambers Chad Johnson
TE Crumpler
K Feeley
DE Miami

Bench Holmes (OUCH!) Garner Bledsoe Price Miller Robinson

His Team

QB Brooks
RB A. Green Dunn
WR Moss McCardell
TE Franks
K Carney
DE Eagles

His bench is a mash unit so no one else to play

Here is my take. QB thru TE I am fine should win this battle. The widcard in this matchup is the DE Eagles VS Fins. Both Play weak teams if both play up to there average I should win. But if the Eagles kill the Cowboys it may be to much to make up.

I could put Price in the line up but I can't afford another bad week from Bledsoe and Price. I don't like the Green Bay matchup.

I have not had a loss all season. I would be a heart breaker to lose in the final game. But that is Fantasy football. No time to wine about Holmes going down for the Big game.
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Your thoughts on My championship Match up

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:12 am

e-man wrote:But that is Fantasy football. No time to wine about Holmes going down for the Big game.

Now that's the attitude to have,it can be a tough game & injuries are a part of that game.

Looks like you made the right calls.I'd leave Miami's D in your line-up.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arlo » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:24 am

My thoughts are that a first-year player winning every single game so far is pretty amazing, no matter how the big game turns out...

As to the matchup, this looks like one of those games where just about anything can happen. You're right - defense could be key. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if Miami were playing at home. Still, if Portis and Alexander come through and Bulger has a solid game, things look pretty good for you! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thelongestyard » Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:00 am

Hope you achieve the perfect season as a rookie this year. I think your lineup should serve you well. The only thing I would consider changing is Robinson (if Koren) in place of Chambers. I know facing Minn. makes Chambers tempting, but Robinson is on a roll, and Chambers has had only the one good game the last few weeks. Would hate to steer you wrong, but just figured I would throw it in as a consideration. The best of luck to you. Am sure we are all pulling for you!
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby e-man » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:32 pm

Thelongestyard I have been fighting that battle in my head all week. I am leaning in Robinsons way. (don't wory if I do put him in you won't see a this site cost me the championship game post. My team my choice.)

I did drop Chambers to get Robinson after all. He has been very steady for me, and solved my WR problems. I started with K. Johnson T. Brown and C. Chambers as my wr this year. (Note to all FF owners never stop trying to improve your team!)

Most people on this site told me not to drop Brown and Chambers. I did it anyway.....It worked out fo me.
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk