Rookie RB Performers by TEAM - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookie RB Performers by TEAM

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookie RB Performers by TEAM

Postby WhiteChocolate » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:55 pm

It's obvious that at this point its hard to decide which players will perform mainly because we don't know what teams there on. And I know its kind of a stretch to judge which teams RB will do best even though we don't know whos where yet, but generally speaking, what team would have the ideal situation for a Rookie RB. Yes its a stretch to judge on team, but the top RBs in this draft aren't separated by large margins, there mostly on the same level. So what team's RB would be your primary target?

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:58 pm

Canacuna is liking whatever RB goes to Dallas (assuming Dillon doesn't follow).

Dallas - Parcells likes to run.
New England - inconsistant offense.
Detroit - bad offense.
Denver - too many other candidates.

...methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby MCG321 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:29 pm

Canacuna wrote:Canacuna is liking whatever RB goes to Dallas (assuming Dillon doesn't follow).

Detroit - bad offense.

...methinks.

Pretty much summed it up there. I would avoid any rookie RB for the first few weeks though, even if on Dallas, because they will probably share carries until they are comfortable with the offense.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:51 pm

Canacuna wrote:Canacuna is liking whatever RB goes to Dallas (assuming Dillon doesn't follow).

Detroit - bad offense.

...methinks.

Nice list...I think the RB in NE will be good though. How about OAK if they dont sign Dillon. They said they liked Fargas, but they stil may draft a rB later and he could have a future impact. The steelers also wil probably draft a RB eventually around rounds 3-4 im guessing. That RB could be useful down the road, but poses no threat in the near future. So continuing your list Id add AOK and PIT on the end
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:05 am

I think Dallas is definitely the team to look for for a rookie RB sleeper. Despite Denver's myriad of RBs, I suspect they'll work out a full time starter in the first few weeks. Given their track record with rookie RBs, if they draft a 1st rounder, say Stephen Jackson, he's worth taking as a sleeper.

Pats might have a good rookie RB, but their off. relies on Brady and spreading the ball around, not really the running game, so I'm not too enthusiastic about a RB going there.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:52 pm

Ok so hypethetical situation:

Steven Jackson goes to Detroit, Kevin Jones goes to Dallas.. would you still draft KJ ahead because he's playing for Dallas, or would you go with Jackson because he is regarded as the better running back.

Friendliness: %

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:28 pm

I dont think that situation will happen unless detroit moves down at least 10 slots... but I would take Stephen jackson because detroits line is actually a pretty run blocking line...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Squaby_ffc » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:49 pm

Here I would of said Redskins since Gibbs ina ll, but he has portis. Others that should have solid if not great season.

Dallas - Bill Parcells likes to run the ball to setup the pass, and if it's 3rd down n 3 or less your can make a bet there gonna a run not a post like they did before.
New England - A RB could actually do pretty good here if the offense was to commit to the run, but the pat's as of now is a pass 1st n run 2nd team.
Detroit - A Harrington,Rogers combo can make sum teams to focus on those players while a rb can gain a 80yrds plus a game.

Denver - They probably draft a rb in 3rd round or later, as they always seems to find a rb that rushes of 1,000 yards.

Arizona - Not likely as more to commit to the offense Green had back in Vikings. (A passing team that be great there but will hardly run unless the yrds are short to get a 1st down.

Theres others.
Squaby_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:Ok so hypethetical situation:

Steven Jackson goes to Detroit, Kevin Jones goes to Dallas.. would you still draft KJ ahead because he's playing for Dallas, or would you go with Jackson because he is regarded as the better running back.

Steven Jackson has good talent, but I'd question the opportunity for consistant fantasy production in Detroit from him.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CinemaFreak » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:18 am

The risk with the Dallas RB is determined by when they draft their RB. Anything is an upgrade from Hambrick, yes, but if they draft a RB in the second round the production might not be as high as a first rounder like Kevin Jones.
CinemaFreak Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk