Anyone wanna get in on a mock? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Anyone wanna get in on a mock?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:34 pm

well dont i feellike a hypocrite after timing out... my pick really depended on the picks before me, i had hoped i could make my pick in the morning.

thats what i get for sleeping. :-[
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:51 pm

Wow.....The creator of the draft has timed out, two very dedicated posters Terpfan and MZimm have timed out........This Mock is not going so well LOL
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby terpfan » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:18 pm

Shatner8 wrote:Wow.....The creator of the draft has timed out, two very dedicated posters Terpfan and MZimm have timed out........This Mock is not going so well LOL

the 12 hour time limit is proving to be a bit of a problem. you really have to predraft, unless you plan on staying up all night.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:34 pm

:-# I was almost positive I predrafted and then I found out I timed out. I was gone working almost all day so I wasn't able to get to a PC. I thought I had predrafted to take care of that but I guess not. To top it off I got Marc Bulger. The guy is terrrible. Give me David Boston for all I care.

Oh well, it's only a mock. Also, about that. It is just a mock guys, we have all offseason for it, there's really no huge hurry.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Shatner8 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:34 pm

terpfan wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Wow.....The creator of the draft has timed out, two very dedicated posters Terpfan and MZimm have timed out........This Mock is not going so well LOL

the 12 hour time limit is proving to be a bit of a problem. you really have to predraft, unless you plan on staying up all night.

Ya that is very annoying.......I went to sleep one night then i woke up in the morning and i was down to a half an hour on the clock
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Flux » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:15 am

M_Zimm wrote:Oh well, it's only a mock. Also, about that. It is just a mock guys, we have all offseason for it, there's really no huge hurry.

I agree its just a mock, but the longer they drag on the more frustrated i get b/c i have to keep checking the page. Even if you predraft, everyone else could be on computer control or have predrafted, and you need to keep checking.

And whether it is a mock or not, it still consumes time, which is all to real. The more people who time out (and no i am not yelling at any of you b/c I have timed out myself before and it does happen) the more it makes the whole process less useful, especially when the computer starts picking in the first 5 or 6 rounds. I really dont care after round 8 or 10 or so, but i would like to get a real feel of whats available when.

So yes it is just a mock draft and its not the end of the world by any means, but it still would be nice to get it done in a timely manner
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:35 pm

I agree flux, it would be nice to keep it timely. I 'm really sorry guys for timing out twice. (or is it three times now?) I was doing work for a major portion of the day yesterday and have been busy since. I hope I can make all the rest of my pics.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Flux » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:24 pm

Wow, these last few rounds have flown by. Only 7 more picks left!
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:40 am

The draft is OVA!

A little rocky at first but came on strong at the end

Here is a link to the rosters http://www.antsports.com/md/rosters.asp?LID=5502

So now the question is, who has the best team?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby nebula » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:05 am

Sorry Guys,
I too timed-out. A family member had heart surgery out of town this weekend and this is the first chance I've had to get to a computer.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner