redraft league - pick 9 - snake - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

redraft league - pick 9 - snake

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:03 pm

1 point per completion COMPLETELY CHANGES THINGS. Do you also get -1 points for imcompletions, so completion percentage matters?

Note that Manning had almost 100 more completions than Culpepper last year, which in most scoring system equates to 100 x 25=2500 more yards, which is a WHOLE LOT. I doubt any starting QB that played in 13/14 games threw 2500 yards less than any other starting QB in the league.

Manning at 2.2 would not be too early IMHO.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:59 pm

With that scoring my top 12 would be this.

Holmes
LT2
Green
Alexander
McAllister
Portis
James
Williams
-------
Moss
-------
Lewis
Faulk
Taylor

That means I'm looking to take Moss and his 100+ receptions at the 1.09 spot. If any of the top 8 slip, you obviously go with them instead. On the comeback, it's between Lewis, Faulk & Taylor, but Dom Davis, Marvin Harrison & Torry Holt deserve serious consideration.

What's really interesting is the 1pt/reception. Doesn't affect WRs as much as people think. It REALLY affects TEs. That means Shockey & Gonzalez are gonna score ~ 100pts more than the #10 guy at the position. Essentially, drafting either is worth it after the top 9-10 WRs are off the board. Considering you pick at the end of round 3, I'd go with one of them if available, even if the top 10 WRs AREN'T off the board. If that's the case, chances are you'll be able to pick a top 10 WR up at 4.02.

I'd advise against Peyton at the 2.02 position. He may perform up to a 2.02 pick, but you'd get better value waiting for a Hasselbeck in round 4 or a Trent Green in round 6. It's also possible that because of the 1pt/completion, there will be a rush to grab "pocket passer" type QBs early and let a Culpepper slip further than he should.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:22 am

Free Bagel wrote:1 point per completion COMPLETELY CHANGES THINGS. Do you also get -1 points for imcompletions, so completion percentage matters?

Note that Manning had almost 100 more completions than Culpepper last year, which in most scoring system equates to 100 x 25=2500 more yards, which is a WHOLE LOT. I doubt any starting QB that played in 13/14 games threw 2500 yards less than any other starting QB in the league.

Manning at 2.2 would not be too early IMHO.

No, I dont receive any penalties for Incompletions, just INT's and Fumbles Lost = -2 a peice. So as mentioned before: Taylor, Moss, Lewis, Faulk, Edge, or even Williams are possibles that could be available come pick 1.9 However, some agree that Edge, Faulk, Taylor are about equivalent. That leaves to me Ricky, Moss are slated a little higher with Lewis somewhere in the middle. Would it be crazy to take Manning with the first overall pick? Because then out of that 5 I'm sure to have my choiece at atleast 3 of them. Out of that 5, would the choosing of the top 2 warrant more pts per week and NOT getting manning at 2.2, than taking Manning at 1.9 and having my choice at ATLEAST 3 of those 5?

Another curve, look at Brad Johnson. Averaged out he is just 7 td's points wise away from Manning [(tds *6) + (completions)] / 6 . Yet I'm sure that no one is talking him up and that I could get him in a much later round. But how much later? 4th maybe at 4.2? Or even 5.9? If Trent Green is available in the 6th round then perhaps even lower ! Then again what are the Bucs going to do this year? They are rebuilding their house again with aged wood and letting go their proven sturdy floor (Sapp, Lynch...)

But how consistent is BJ? Does he get all his TDs//Completions in bunches or does he spread them out? I know Manning last year had a 5 td game correct? I could shave 2 of those TD's off because I can't count on that happening again (even tho it might, can't count on something like that). Since I play Head to Head i can't have 4 tds one week and then a 3 week dry spell.

King
I know one guy already pretty much guranteed to take Shockey at 3.1 if hes available. We are trying for an in-person draft so I'm thinking someone will also jump on Gonzo hearing Shockey taken early like he is. I dont think I would be able to grab him at 3.9. However, if he IS there, it would change a lot of things. You could be right about not getting another back for a while. If I take manning in one of my first two picks, and a top RB, that leaves me with one RB starter open and a possible RB flex open until 3.9. Assuming alot of the good upsiders (D.Davis, Rudi, Barlow) should be gone, that kinda leaves me vulnerable. I could hope for a WW pickup, but last year I picked up DD, and he didnt come out for a good half the season?

Ahh, the draft isn't for a long time and im already stressing late nights ;)

OHH, i almost forgot. I'm going to try and search some of QBs listed and find their rushing TD's. Like Garcia had I think 7 last year but hes on a completely * different team.

[whisper]good luck Garcia[/whisper]
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk