Raiders sign denard walker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raiders sign denard walker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Raiders sign denard walker

Postby steelyeri » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:06 am

April 14, 2004
Raiders grab CB Walker
The Oakland Raiders reached agreement with former Minnesota Vikings cornerback Denard Walker, the second addition to their secondary in more than a week. Walker was signed to add experience to a secondary that signed free safety Ray Buchanan. In free agency, the Raiders continue to focus on defense. They have signed Warren Sapp and Ted Washington at defensive tackle, Dwayne Rudd and Danny Clark at linebacker, Walker and Ike Charlton at cornerback. The Raiders are expected to switch to offense in the draft, but they still need to get a pass-rushing defensive end.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

looks like he'll be a 3rd down/ nickel back. I really thought we were set in our secondary. Maybe it's for depht, incase we have 20,000 injuries like we did last year. hope he learned how to tackle in the offseason though.[/quote]

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:25 am

Yeah, Walker seems to be getting worse as he moves from team to team. In Tennessee, he was solid. In Denver, he was good the first year then slipped a bit thereafter. In Minnesota, he bombed. There may not be much left in him for the Raiduhhs. For depth though, I s'pose it's ok.

Friendliness: %

Postby Flux » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:34 am

how in the world can the raiders keep signing people?

Last i knew they were only $100,000 below the cap, then they signed Buchanan, and now Walker. There are going to be some casualties for sure come June 1.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:04 am

Yes there will be some June 1st cuts. If they draft Eli Manning the could cut Rich Gannon since his shoulder is only 50/50 as of mini-camp and he is 37 years old. If they draft Roy or Fitz they might cut Tim Brown. If they draft Sean Taylor they might cut Rod Woodson. Has Bill Romonoski annouced his retirement?

These are just some of my observations.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:31 am

I believe Romo has hung it up, yes.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IDF » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:04 am

bad move walker is terrible it is his fault the vikings didn't make the playoffs (he was covering the sorry wr who caught the game winning catch!!!)

Denard :-t :-t :-t :-°
IDF
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk