Oh this is TOO easy to predict - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Oh this is TOO easy to predict

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oh this is TOO easy to predict

Postby nsulham » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:58 am

From Fanball.com:

The 49ers are not hiding the fact that they are in rebuilding mode and looking for as many draft picks as possible. The team is also frank about needing a wide receiver, and since the 2004 draft class runs deep at that position, the 49ers are looking to trade down. "Philosophically, [head coach] Dennis [Erickson] and I both feel that, over the next two years, we would like to try to accumulate as many picks as we can," general manager Terry Donahue told the San Francisco Chronicle. "So we would both be inclined... if we had an opportunity to trade back...to do that because it would accumulate picks, and I think that's important for us right now." Donahue said that there are "five or six" receivers that they like in the draft. Currently the 49ers hold the 16th selection in the first round and one extra pick in the sixth

So let's see. SF has the 16th pick and is looking to move down. Denver has the 17th pick and could very well be looking at Stephen Jackson with that pick. NE also wants Jackson but is at #21.

17 is higher than 21 but 16 is higher than 17. :-?

Mark it: If Jackson is still there at 16, NE is movin on up to the east side and taking him.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:30 am

I would tend to agree, especially with all of NE's draft choices this year. San Fran could easily accomodate them.

It just bothers me that every year my Niners draft a wide receiver when they perennially have some of the best in the game...This year we probably do need help though.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiteChocolate » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:53 am

I hope NE trades up, that way Dallas has a better chance to land Kevin Jones ;-D !

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:55 am

Not to mention, NE has draft picks to burn... I'm sure they'd be happy to toss a pair of picks to San Fran for a shot at Jackson...

If that happens, which of the Jones' do you all see Denver taking?

I could see them taking Greg Jones and putting him into a role similar to Mike Alstott...
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:49 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I would tend to agree, especially with all of NE's draft choices this year. San Fran could easily accomodate them.

It just bothers me that every year my Niners draft a wide receiver when they perennially have some of the best in the game...This year we probably do need help though.

Yes, we most definitely do need help this year at WR....Actually we need help at pretty much every position.....Its going to be a very long season
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:06 pm

To paraphrase Donahue:

"Hey Bill! If you want Stephen Jackson we'll gladly take one of those extra picks off your hands."

I'm guessing a late 2nd and 3rd along with one of their 1sts or both 1sts will be involved. It seems a steep price, but if NE really wants Jackson, they can afford to splurge for him.

Wouldn't it also be great if Denver made their move for someone other than a RB. Highly unlikely, but their coaching staff showed they can be clandestine when necessary last year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:11 pm

WhiteChocolate wrote:I hope NE trades up, that way Dallas has a better chance to land Kevin Jones ;-D !

actually it might hurt thier chances. if the pats take jackson at 16, the broncos may go with jones at 17...

id be good with that.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:46 pm

terpfan wrote:actually it might hurt thier chances. if the pats take jackson at 16, the broncos may go with jones at 17...

id be good with that.

ah, the one thing Redskins and Eagles fans can agree upon... screwing over the Cowboys. Here's to Hambrick trying to run in the NFC east for another year! }:-)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CinemaFreak » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:34 pm

Noooooooo, not Hamhock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver could go TE if Winslow is there or even Linebacker which is a need! Which could still leave Kevin Jones for Dallas. A lot depends on Detriot and whether they take Winslow, Jackson or trade down to someone who really wants Jackson or Winslow or another player. Detroit would then take Perry or another RB at 36th pick. Too many scenarios and rumors to count, ain't it great!

Here's to the end of the Hamrick Hell! ;-D
CinemaFreak Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:46 pm

With all the cap room and lack of movement this off-season, you have to think Parcells has to have something up his sleeve
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk