NFL schedual - FANTASY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL schedual - FANTASY

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL schedual - FANTASY

Postby bigGAME101 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:32 pm

So i just checked out the 2004 schedual, and i was wondering what everyone thought of the fantasy potential for running backs based on the ease or difficulty that each team has. I know it's hard to base any decisio9n on last year's defensive ranks (especially considering the additions to teams already, namely OAK)... anyway, for me personally i see the texans as having a monster year due to the ease of their schedual... i havent seen an easier one in the league IMO - whcih in my opinion means a big year for dom davis, carr, and andre johnson...also, seattle looks potent with their schedual, possibly upgrading guys like k-rob and darell jackson, and justifying early round picks for guys like alexander and hasselbeck
tell me what you guys think of the potential of certain players based on this new information, and if it changes your ranking for certain players. You can obviuosly check out the schedual at nfl.com or espn.com.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:40 pm

Eh, it's kind of hard to say before we see what happens during the season since good/bad defences change so much.

Like at the beginning of last season the people were looking forward to games where their RB went up against the Jags, and by the end of the year they were thinking about plugging in a backup if they had someone going against the Jags' run D...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Lung » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:19 pm

I'm usually a big fan of stength-of-schedule analyses but I agree that things do change from year to year. For example, the Raiders had an excellent run defense in 2002 and in 2003 it was more porous than swiss cheese.

I do like to look for week 15 and 16 matchups, however. These weeks are the fantasy playoffs and I like to have guys going up against weak defenses during those weeks. By about the halfway point in the season you'll be able to tell which teams have lousy defenses. Then I am looking to trade for or pick up off the waiver wire guys on the teams that have easier week 15 and 16 matchups. Keep in mind that this is only for a 3rd WR or 3rd RB or some other flex position; you should never bench your studs.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby MCG321 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:32 pm

Well, TO plays a lot of short, ack, I mean, vertically challenged cornerbacks this season. :-)
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CinemaFreak » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:40 pm

I noticed that the CB draft lot is also very small with the exception of Thomas and Gamble. Some tall Safeties out there Sean Taylor is listed at 6 2 1/2, damn!
CinemaFreak Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk