What will happen to Ogunleye? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What will happen to Ogunleye?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What will happen to Ogunleye?

Postby JrcWy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:00 pm

I'm sure this is not a hot topic for many of you but as a fins fan, I am keeping a close eye on this as draft day approaches. Personally, I wish the dolphins would just sign him back. Yes, he has benefited from working across from Taylor BUT he has been able to take full advantage of it. Putting any scrub there as a replacement wont yeild the same results. However, his agent believes he can get Ogunleye out of Miami soon. Heres the most recent article I can find on the topic:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... 4Apr9.html

Anyone have some more insight on this situation?
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:31 pm

I cant access the article cause im too lazy to register, but I remember reading that Ogunleye is a lot of money for them. He is a great DE and their D is better with him, but it wouldnt significantly hurt them if he left. I also read the Bears and Vikings are interested. That's all I know about the situation. There was a complicated thing along with it that I cant quite remember, something about the signing and stuff :-?
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:48 pm

Here's what I've heard:
BY JASON COLE

mailto:jcole@herald.com

The Chicago Bears put in a call to the Dolphins on Tuesday to find out if the teams could work out a deal for restricted free agent defensive end Adewale Ogunleye.

They might as well have saved the dime.

The Dolphins have made it clear they will not accept anything less than a deal that includes a first-round pick and more for Ogunleye. Miami would just as soon have another team sign him to a contract offer as a restricted free agent to give them a chance to match the offer or get the first- and third-round picks they would be entitled to.

By contrast, the Bears are unwilling to give up their first-rounder, which is the No. 14 overall pick, according to a report in The Chicago Sun-Times today.

Beyond Chicago, two sources in the Minnesota organization said the Vikings have no interest in giving up draft picks in a deal for Ogunleye. The Vikings like Ogunleye but not enough to give up the No. 19 overall pick in the first round as part of a deal.

''No, we're not going to do that,'' a Vikings source said. ``Picks and a big contract? That's a double whammy.''

Agent Drew Rosenhaus acknowledged Sunday the Bears are suitors for Ogunleye and said he looked forward to beginning negotiations with them. On Tuesday, Rosenhaus said that if Ogunleye gets a significant offer from another team, that could put pressure on the Dolphins to deal him.

Don't think he'll be dealt before the Friday deadline, but a trade after Friday is possible. Minnesota is more interested in a LB, so look for Chicago (or others) to try to work a trade.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:10 pm

I'm sure he'd make a nice fit in Washington. :-b
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:02 am

The biggest problem is he wants a long term contract and something around a $15 million signing bonus. The guy is good, but i dont think he's worth that, especially since we havent seen what he can do w/o a Jason Taylor opposite him
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk