Dillon a Patriot!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dillon a Patriot!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:42 pm

Flux wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:You Pats fans are going to be insanely disappointed. Dillon is 30 or will be when hte season starts. He had injury problems last year and 30 is usually the time a RB starts to get beat on. He has carried the ball a heck of alot the last 8 years. He'll put up C. Martin like numbers. Not bad but nothing to write home about.

I have a feeling you are a complete Dillon hater...browns fan?

Dillon is 29 now, will be 30 during the season. Yes he is getting up there in RB years, but he unlike many others, didnt have a lot of college touches, meaning less wear and tear, which could very well buy him an extra year or 2.

In my opinion his injury last year had nothing to do with his body wearing down. It did have to do with the field conditions in cincinatti. Dillon and almost every player who has played there says it is absolutely terrible and have done so for the past few years. As a result, they are putting in that astro-grass stuff this year.

Btw, didnt Moulds pull his groin there too?

Im not at all Dillons biggest fan, but I do believe he has a couple of really good years left in him.

Nope. Cowboys fan here. And I'm sure the Cowboys had some interest in Dillon but they didn't make him a priority. And a second round pick is high when they have alot of holes to plug. I myself am happy the 'Boys didn't get him. I want them to build for 2 years from now. They would win next year with or without Dillon. They may win in 2 years without him but they wouldn't win with him.

Of course maybe I have a hidden anger towards Dillon. I had Rudi last year and Dillon stole his carries late in the year. I know what you're going to say: Rudi stole Dillon's carries. But Rudi was the better back and should have got the carries. But I'm glad Dillon is gone and Rudi will be all by himself back there. But I don't think Dillon is worth where people will probably take him. 3rd rounder going to go early to mid 2nd.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CinemaFreak » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:38 pm

I agree Dawg. Dillon is a short term solution and Dallas is looking long term. I would prefer a RB from the draft that can grow with Drew. One less team to take Jackson or Jones. Dawg, who do you like better, Jackson or Jones?
CinemaFreak Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:00 pm

CinemaFreak wrote:I agree Dawg. Dillon is a short term solution and Dallas is looking long term. I would prefer a RB from the draft that can grow with Drew. One less team to take Jackson or Jones. Dawg, who do you like better, Jackson or Jones?

I like Jackson cause he has better speed. But Jones may actually be a better fit. Parcells likes to hammer the ball down the middle and Jones is that type of back. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a Ron Dayne type or even worse a Shit- Brick type.

And I don't think there is anyway the Pats take a RB with the 21 pick now. That would be dumb considering their needs on the OL. And possible needs at CB.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:08 pm

CinemaFreak wrote:I agree Dawg. Dillon is a short term solution and Dallas is looking long term. I would prefer a RB from the draft that can grow with Drew. One less team to take Jackson or Jones. Dawg, who do you like better, Jackson or Jones?

Actually, it may make the Raiders a candidate to draft a RB. Obvously #2 is way too high, but they could trade down. They didnt get Dillon and Garner is gone. Neither Wheatly or Fargas are a feature back, but i guess they could be ok in a RBBC
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manning 4 President » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

The Bengals are morons. They just gave the best team in the NFL a top 5 RB for nothing. Now Belichek can use his TWO first round picks do make his D-Line even stronger or go to a OL or WR. Pats will win it all again, no, thanks to the Bengals! Now my Colts don't stand a chance.
Manning 4 President
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:03 pm

Manning 4 President wrote:The Bengals are morons. They just gave the best team in the NFL a top 5 RB for nothing. Now Belichek can use his TWO first round picks do make his D-Line even stronger or go to a OL or WR. Pats will win it all again, no, thanks to the Bengals! Now my Colts don't stand a chance.

Yeah, so are you saying the bengals should just cut him? A 2nd round pick is above what anyone else would have given him. Dont blame a team for making a good trade.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:21 pm

TO - All-Pro, Big Mouth - Second Round Pick.
Corey Dillon - All-Pro, Big Mouth - Second Round Pick.

Edit - It was going to be a second rounder, but I guess they got a fifth for him instead...I was mistaken.

See the connection?

I'd say that's the going rate for players in this mold. If you have a "problem star player" and you can't sign him, you have to get what you can get.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:35 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
CinemaFreak wrote:And I don't think there is anyway the Pats take a RB with the 21 pick now. That would be dumb considering their needs on the OL. And possible needs at CB.

Dawg I never said they would take a RB at #21. I said don't be surprised if ONE of their top 3 picks is a RB, be it Perry or G. Jones with #32 or a Michael Turner or Tatum Bell or something with their 2nd rounder.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:09 pm

nsulham wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
CinemaFreak wrote:And I don't think there is anyway the Pats take a RB with the 21 pick now. That would be dumb considering their needs on the OL. And possible needs at CB.

Dawg I never said they would take a RB at #21. I said don't be surprised if ONE of their top 3 picks is a RB, be it Perry or G. Jones with #32 or a Michael Turner or Tatum Bell or something with their 2nd rounder.

I agreed with you. Someone else suggested the Cowboys still need to move ahead of NE on draft day in order to get the RB they want. Which I just don't see.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nsulham » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:04 pm

My bad Dawg :*)
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter