Dillon a Patriot!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dillon a Patriot!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dillon

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:02 am

Daddymike59 wrote:A proven 1000 yd rusher for a 2nd round pick?? And then to trade him to a team that is going to be a major road block to the playoff hopes? What was Cincinnatti thinking? What has Rudi really done to show that he can be THE MAN ?? Now Cincy has no recourse but to rely on Rudi. I think this was a terrible move on Cincy's part even if Dillon has some off the field issues. The Pats are now definitely a two headed monster offensively and defensively. The rest of the AFC have a lot to look up to unfortunately. !+)

It was the best available trade. Dillon wasn't going to be playing in Cinci next year either way so I don't know what your point is. Are you trying to say they should have kept Dillon? Or should they have taken a 4th rounder for him? What has Rudi done to prove he can be 'THE MAN'? Well for one he badly out played your man Dillon last year. Good trade for Cinci.....What the hell does Cinci care if the Pats win the next 2 super bowls? They are playing for 2006 at the earliest.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:17 am

KingGhidra wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
Manning 4 President wrote:The Bengals are morons. They just gave the best team in the NFL a top 5 RB for nothing. Now Belichek can use his TWO first round picks do make his D-Line even stronger or go to a OL or WR. Pats will win it all again, no, thanks to the Bengals! Now my Colts don't stand a chance.

A top 5 RB? What decade is this? I'd like to know your RB rankings.

Wow, me too. I think Dillon will be solid, but top 5?

Hey it could happen. I'd be less surprised if he made top 5 than say... Deuce McAllister.

You're kidding right?

Not one bit.

not one bit?...LMAO!!! :-b ...better the Deuce :-? , please...you make yourself sound foolish with a comment like that...the only way Dillon cracks the top 5 this year is if the the top 10 all break their legs in week one and are out for the season 8-o ...and thats not gona happen

everyone is intitled to their opionion, but Dillon a top five over LT, Deuce, Portis, Holmes and Ricky???..thats crazy talk! ;-7

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:10 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:A proven 1000 yd rusher for a 2nd round pick?? And then to trade him to a team that is going to be a major road block to the playoff hopes? What was Cincinnatti thinking? What has Rudi really done to show that he can be THE MAN ?? Now Cincy has no recourse but to rely on Rudi. I think this was a terrible move on Cincy's part even if Dillon has some off the field issues. The Pats are now definitely a two headed monster offensively and defensively. The rest of the AFC have a lot to look up to unfortunately. !+)

It was the best available trade. Dillon wasn't going to be playing in Cinci next year either way so I don't know what your point is. Are you trying to say they should have kept Dillon? Or should they have taken a 4th rounder for him? What has Rudi done to prove he can be 'THE MAN'? Well for one he badly out played your man Dillon last year. Good trade for Cinci.....What the hell does Cinci care if the Pats win the next 2 super bowls? They are playing for 2006 at the earliest.
No Dawg I'm not saying they should have got a 4th rounder for Dillon. I'm saying he's worth more than a second rounder and they were foolish to trade him to NE. That's all. Dillon isn't "my man". He is an egotistical player that plays to his potential only when he feels like it. But his potential is much greater that Rudi Johnsons.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:08 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
Manning 4 President wrote:The Bengals are morons. They just gave the best team in the NFL a top 5 RB for nothing. Now Belichek can use his TWO first round picks do make his D-Line even stronger or go to a OL or WR. Pats will win it all again, no, thanks to the Bengals! Now my Colts don't stand a chance.

A top 5 RB? What decade is this? I'd like to know your RB rankings.

Wow, me too. I think Dillon will be solid, but top 5?

Hey it could happen. I'd be less surprised if he made top 5 than say... Deuce McAllister.

You're kidding right?

Not one bit.

not one bit?...LMAO!!! :-b ...better the Deuce :-? , please...you make yourself sound foolish with a comment like that...the only way Dillon cracks the top 5 this year is if the the top 10 all break their legs in week one and are out for the season 8-o ...and thats not gona happen

everyone is intitled to their opionion, but Dillon a top five over LT, Deuce, Portis, Holmes and Ricky???..thats crazy talk! ;-7

Did I say he'd make the top 5? no
I said I'd be less surprised if he did than if Deuce did. IOW, I don't expect Deuce to make the top 5.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:38 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

No Dawg I'm not saying they should have got a 4th rounder for Dillon. I'm saying he's worth more than a second rounder and they were foolish to trade him to NE. That's all. Dillon isn't "my man". He is an egotistical player that plays to his potential only when he feels like it. But his potential is much greater that Rudi Johnsons.

I'm still not sure what option you are trying to say. You say they shouldn't have traded him for a 4th rounder because he's worth more than that. They shouldn't have traded him for a second rounder because he's worth more than that and he is in NE....So they should have kept him? You don't think he's worth a second rounder but I think Cinci got a good deal for him. He's a back that is on the down side of his career. And that potential you talk about has been reached and is steadily declining. Rudi has more more potential.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk