Should Mike Williams be allowed to return to USC? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Should Mike Williams be allowed to return to USC?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should Mike Williams be allowed to return to USC?

Yes, he was misguided by the Clarett ruling and should be allowed to return to USC.
16
59%
No, he had his chance to stay at USC and dumped it for the money.
11
41%
 
Total votes : 27

Should Mike Williams be allowed to return to USC?

Postby Manning 4 President » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:32 pm

The NCAA will be ruling on his academic eligability in the coming days. Do YOU think he should be allowed to return to USC?
Image
Manning 4 President
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 41
Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On the campaign trail

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:01 pm

No, he knew very well what he was doing when he hired an agent. All this "He was just following Clarrett, it's not his fault" crap is dumb. He was told when he declared that if it is decided that he can't go he's out of luck. Yea, I feel somewhat bad for the guy just because he was part of the best team in the nation and had awesome stats but the guy knew what he was doing when he did it and deserves to play the penalty.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JrcWy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:05 pm

M_Zimm wrote:No, he knew very well what he was doing when he hired an agent. All this "He was just following Clarrett, it's not his fault" crap is dumb. He was told when he declared that if it is decided that he can't go he's out of luck. Yea, I feel somewhat bad for the guy just because he was part of the best team in the nation and had awesome stats but the guy knew what he was doing when he did it and deserves to play the penalty.


Couldn't agree more. His coach, agent, an NFL spokeman, as well as the NCAA all told him the risk. When you take a risk and lose, its because its a RISK! He took it and should walk the path he has chosen. If he starts whining about it, he is just as bad as Clarett.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 523
Joined: 1 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:52 pm

he should not have hired an agent until after he was drafted...
Image

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1703
Joined: 9 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 614

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:55 pm

I agree he shouldnt be allowed, but I do feel bad for him and dont fully blame him. I hate clarrett :-#
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 9345
Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:09 pm

MAn they should let the guy back on his a great talent and it would b sad if he doesnt get to play anywhere
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Image
Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 429
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cali!!

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:10 pm

JrcWY wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:No, he knew very well what he was doing when he hired an agent. All this "He was just following Clarrett, it's not his fault" crap is dumb. He was told when he declared that if it is decided that he can't go he's out of luck. Yea, I feel somewhat bad for the guy just because he was part of the best team in the nation and had awesome stats but the guy knew what he was doing when he did it and deserves to play the penalty.


Couldn't agree more. His coach, agent, an NFL spokeman, as well as the NCAA all told him the risk. When you take a risk and lose, its because its a RISK! He took it and should walk the path he has chosen. If he starts whining about it, he is just as bad as Clarett.


I agree, too. Mike Williams knew the risks he was taking when he entered the draft AND hired an agent. It's too bad it didn't work out well for him, but he knew what he was getting himself into.

...Probably should have thought things through a little better...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 5062
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Home sweet home.

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:25 pm

Now we can see him play in the CFL... hopefully for the Argos ;-D
Image

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1703
Joined: 9 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 614

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:33 pm

He's got to sleep in the bed he made I'm afraid...some NFL team will take him, but it will be at a substantial monetary loss.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:51 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:he should not have hired an agent until after he was drafted...


It all comes down to that.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2387
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:08 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact