What do you guys think of this? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you guys think of this?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you guys think of this?

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:55 pm

I have Trent Green as my backup in a league and someone offered my Fiedler for him because his two QB's have the same bye week.Should I take this?Or do you think I should get try to get a proven receiver or back?I counteroffered him Trent Green and Clinton Portis for T.J Duckett and Corey Dillon just for a joke to see if he'd accept.I doubt he will!
n_tremain23

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joe_montana » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:16 pm

I would obviously do the second trade, but the first one sounds like a good idea too. Try and see if you could get another sleeper along with Fiedler though.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

trade

Postby nwomel » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:23 am

If he needs a QB, don't do him any favors! Try to get someone else out of him. Fiedler and some you can use during your off weeks. There are no friends in Fantasy Football! :-P Dog eat Dog!
nwomel
Monday Morning Quarterback

Agreed

Postby trentvaughn » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:57 am

Don't just hand over Trent Green. And certainly not straight up for Fiedler. Get Portis also. Green is a fantasy starter this year, and Fiedler might very well end up one.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Destroyrs » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:30 pm

I agree with the rest. Don't trade Green for Fiedler straight up. He gets the better of the QB's and eliminates his problem.

I would go for the second trade if he accepts.

I might make the trade if aanother player was offered that has value to you. The longer you wait will force him to do something, either with you or with another team. He is going to make the deal that is the least damaging, so you need to protect yourself the same way.
Destroyrs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:20 am

I would wait a few weeks and see how Green and Fiedler perform before I'd even consider making that trade. Even though Green is being hyped, I'm skeptical, since I heard the same crap last year and he burned me big time (by sucking hugely).
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk