Most over-rated player in the draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most over-rated player in the draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most over-rated player in the draft

Postby Manning 4 President » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:16 pm

Who is it, in YOUR opinion?
Manning 4 President
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:24 pm

I've seen alot of overated articles about tommie harris and i tend to agree with them. his stats in college werent all that spectacular, and it cant all be because he was "double teamed". all premeir defensive lineman are double teamed. i also think k2 is a little overated... but he's a miami product, so perhaps its warranted.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JrcWy » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:44 pm

Even though he is only ranked as the 5th or 6th best QB, Cody Pickett (QB-Washington) is very much over-rated. I never saw a game in which I thought he played really well. His delivery is slow and he has trouble with accuracy, especially with long passes. Also, he never seemed to be a leader or take over a game. UW is sad to see him go, but I think its the best thing to happen to them in 5 years. And you can't say he didnt have the talent around him, Reggie Wayne is more than capable of letting a good QB show his talents.

In closing, I think that Cody Pickett is an over-rated, worthless piece of talentless flesh. Any team that drafts him is doomed to a decade of failure!!!!!
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:19 pm

Well with all these wr's getting so much attention im sure a few of them arent going to bloom into great wr's in the nfl.....evans,clayton,rashaun, reggie for example
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Manning 4 President » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:27 pm

Str8, butter not hope Reggie Williams fails, I've heard alot the Vikes are going after him.
Manning 4 President
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:35 pm

Those are just examples.....i mean with so many great wr's coming in not all of them will have a great nfl career like most think but, if rggie does go to the vikes then he will be just fine lool
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:41 pm

Well, I'm ready for the abuse, and gotta say Gallery. Not as a complete player as Ogden, Pace or Boselli coming out of college. Should be great, should be... , but as an immediate starter, I think the guy will really struggle for a year or two. Ultimately, should be a very solid to pro-bowl caliber player, but #1 in this draft... No.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:13 pm

For me before he was ruled ineligible it had to be Mike Williams... the man is slower than the top 3 te's in this draft... But now that he is out im gonna have to go with Matt Schaub who has almost less armstrength than i do. im gonna take major flack for this but Im gonna also say Eli manning... I belive Roethlisberger has way better tools and hes no where near as good at reading defenses as peyton was when he was coming out of college, ive heard of so many guys who out performed eli at their workouts, Roethlisberger and Losman to name two.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:37 pm

gallery isnt overrtaed hes great and mike also wasnt overrated hes slow ok he ran what 4.5 most wr run what 4.4 so he isnt that slow but he is unstoppable which is y he will b great in the nfl
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:34 pm

Well, it seems like DT's are usually the most likely to not pan out into anyone you ever hear about again, so Tommie Harris could easily be a bust.

Outside of that, I think Roethlisberger might end up being a bust. He's big, got great arm strength, etc, but I've heard he has trouble reading the field, which could very well be the most important attribute.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk