Most over-rated player in the draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most over-rated player in the draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FF Newbie » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:35 pm

Williams never ran close to a 4.5. More like 4.65, 4.67.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Tim » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:07 am

Phillip Rivers. I've heard him going as high as 11 to Pitt before today. I also heard about a trade between the Giants and SD sending Manning to NY. NY would draft Rivers and send Toomer with him to SD. Rumors are Rumors but how can this guy be a possible top 15??
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjdub » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:10 am

FF Newbie wrote:Williams never ran close to a 4.5. More like 4.65, 4.67.

Actually, he ran his forty in 4.56 with the wind and 4.62 against (not that it makes that much difference)
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:13 am

King Tim wrote:Phillip Rivers. I've heard him going as high as 11 to Pitt before today. I also heard about a trade between the Giants and SD sending Manning to NY. NY would draft Rivers and send Toomer with him to SD. Rumors are Rumors but how can this guy be a possible top 15??

I gotta agree with this. I saw him play very well in some games, but he also looked completely lost in other games. Needless to say, the big show will make his ACC experience feel like jr. high. If this guy goes top 20 someone has made a mistake, IMO.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FF Newbie » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:34 am

Actually, he ran his forty in 4.56 with the wind and 4.62 against (not that it makes that much difference)
So, an average of 4.59. I was closer than you were. I was closer than you were. ;-) Seriously, I've seen some other times posted for him that weren't that good. I think that must've been one of his better runs.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:34 am

Any of the top 3 RBs being considered. There is so much excitement for them here at the cafe, but none of them are being projected for the top half of the draft. No Ricky Williams or LaDainian Tomlinson in this draft.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:00 am

Kevin Jones... He is an OK back, but I don't put him anywhere near a top 20 pick... He's just too damn slow...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:39 am

Michael Clayton. Every mock I see has him projected 1st round, and comparing him against Michael Jenkins, I'm baffled as to why. Jenkins just looks to be the superior athlete, by far.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:24 pm

FF Newbie wrote:
So, an average of 4.59. I was closer than you were. I was closer than you were. ;-) Seriously, I've seen some other times posted for him that weren't that good. I think that must've been one of his better runs.

Not to mention that was on an extremely fast rubber track which is similar to the tracks at the olympics...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:17 pm

King Tim wrote:Phillip Rivers. I've heard him going as high as 11 to Pitt before today. I also heard about a trade between the Giants and SD sending Manning to NY. NY would draft Rivers and send Toomer with him to SD. Rumors are Rumors but how can this guy be a possible top 15??

Maybe his 72% accuracy last year and his super impressive workouts have something to do with it. I agree he may be hype, but ive been hearing real good things from all of his workouts. I hope he is a good pro, i wanna see his throwing motion more and try to figure out how in hell that works.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk