Trade Buzz Updated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade Buzz Updated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Buzz Updated

Postby slowkidz » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:15 am

Feels just like Christmas Eve!!! ;-D

GBNReport wrote:Trade buzz updated...While most of the draft trade focus is on San Diego and the Chargers attempt to salvage something from the #1 pick overall at this year's draft, Oakland and Cleveland have reportedly had some serious talks about the #2 pick, although the two sides are not believed to be all that close to a deal. In particular, the Browns reportedly are willing to part with their top pick in 2005, along with a couple of 2004 late round selections, for the right to swap the 2nd and 7th picks - and presmably acquire Iowa OT Robert Gallery with the #2 pick - but are reluctant to give up any other high picks in this year's draft. And that's likely what it will take to make that kind of move. San Diego, for example, is believed to be asking for the Giants, 2nd, 4th and 6th round picks to move up from the 4th pick to the first...meanwhile, Jacksonville and Detroit have reportedly chatted about a swap of the 6th and 9th picks with Jaguars' franchised SS Donovan Darius as part of the compensation package; that deal, though is likely conditional on Texas WR Roy Williams being on the board when the Lions hit the clock for the 6th pick. Detroit, in fact, may be working harder than any team in the league to work a trade down on Saturday; the Lions reportedly would like to move down to a spot where Oregon State RB Steven Jackson would be better value. And the rumors that New England wants to find a way to move up into the top 5 to get Miami FS Sean Taylor continue to percolate. One scenario making the rounds has the Patriots attempting to move up from the 32nd pick to somewhere in the 18-22 range and then packaging that selection with the 21st overall, acquired from Baltimore at last April's draft, to get into the elite ranks...In fact, the Patriots could find a trading partner in division-rival Miami, which doesn't have a 2nd rounder, but which would like to move down from the 20th pick to recoup that #2 pick. Minnesota, which also wants to move down from the 19th pick, could also figure in the mix with the Patriots.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:27 am

I don't want to give it "too much" credence because rumors tend to be all over the place, but I've heard rumors of a 3 way trade involving seattle, cleveland, oakland. Seattle trades Sean Alexander(2000), and the 23rd(825) to Oakland for the #2 overall pick in round #1(2600) and DT Terdell Sands(125). In return Seattle trades Cleveland the #2 pick (2600) (contingent on Gallery's
availability) for the #7 pick (1800), Dennis Northcutt (325), and a 2005 contingency pick. The contingency is based on Cleveland's 2005 record. .500 or better = a 2nd rounder while below .500 = a 3rd rounder. :-)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:43 am

Good Grief! Seattle would trade away Shawn Alexander and their 1st round pick (#23) for what would end up being the #7 pick, Dennis Northcutt, and TERDELL SANDS???? (who?!!)

Glad you don't give it much credibility. :-B

Friendliness: %

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:Good Grief! Seattle would trade away Shawn Alexander and their 1st round pick (#23) for what would end up being the #7 pick, Dennis Northcutt, and TERDELL SANDS???? (who?!!)

Glad you don't give it much credibility. :-B

'Cause their passing game sucks didn't ya know? ;-) I mean, why did they even bother resigning Jackson. Should've let some poor team like Baltimore give him a big fat ole contract and then put up with his ineptitude.

Ok, now that I've let all the sarcasm out, I just have to say that if someone is going to start a rumor, it should at least be plausible, within the realm of probability, and not on par with the tabloids for journalistic integrity.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:03 pm

I agree, Slow, this feels like Christmas Eve. I even feels like leaving out some milk and cookies.
If they trade to Jax for Darius I think they still feel that's too early to pick Jackson. They are looking at any trade possibilities, but The feeling is that they are loving the idea of Roy Williams if he is there. I would love it myself as there are still rumblings about Charles 'Ginger' Rogers not being ready for contact yet.
I would also love Taylor and then a WR with the 2nd round pick. Man I can hardly wait, T minus 22 hours before kick-off of the Lions Superbowl! ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:27 pm

An even sweeter Christmas present would be if we had 100+ people on at the Cafe at noon tomorrow! That would be awesome! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Yeah

Postby Jim Chitty » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:32 pm

Go steelers 69 69 :-°
Jim Chitty

Friendliness: %

Postby awwchrist » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:50 pm

DUKE wrote:I don't want to give it "too much" credence because rumors tend to be all over the place, but I've heard rumors of a 3 way trade involving seattle, cleveland, oakland. Seattle trades Sean Alexander(2000), and the 23rd(825) to Oakland for the #2 overall pick in round #1(2600) and DT Terdell Sands(125). In return Seattle trades Cleveland the #2 pick (2600) (contingent on Gallery's
availability) for the #7 pick (1800), Dennis Northcutt (325), and a 2005 contingency pick. The contingency is based on Cleveland's 2005 record. .500 or better = a 2nd rounder while below .500 = a 3rd rounder. :-)

lol man I've seen that before and I would tattoo a Raider emblem on my person if that happens.

This is just not the year to trade our RB, last year of his contract acknowledged.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk