Jackson wants to be a Cowboy! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jackson wants to be a Cowboy!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jackson wants to be a Cowboy!

Postby CinemaFreak » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:12 am

Good stuff here!

EDIT: Although he does not say I want to be a Cowboy, it's still good stuff!

BALLOU: "There are rumors that Philadelphia would like to take you. What have you heard from the Eagles' camp?"

JACKSON: "I haven't heard anything this week. It's been pretty quiet on my end. I did hear that Philadelphia is interested, but my dad, along with Dallas Cowboys fans, are praying that they make a move or a surprise trade or something to get higher in the draft, because I don't think I'll be around at the 22nd pick."

BALLOU: "How excited will you be if the Dallas Cowboys select you?"

JACKSON: "I would be extremely excited. Dallas is America's Team, and if you're an American, you've got to be a fan. I would be extremely happy because Coach Bill Parcells is a Hall of Fame coach and I would love to learn the game from him and I think he would help me for many years to come."

BALLOU: "If you do go to Dallas and you get to endorse something in Dallas, what one thing in Dallas would you like to endorse?"

JACKSON: "Cowboy boots. It would be something different. Not only does it represent the state of Texas, but it represents the Cowboys, and if you're going to be a Cowboy, you have to have a pair of spurs on."

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2343766
CinemaFreak Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:16 am

Right now I wish Galloway didn't accept that trade to Tampa so we could ship him off with our first rounder and move up in order to get Steven. Keyshawn would've came to us anyways because the Bucs were gunna cut him. Comon Tuna......BRING STEVEN IN!!
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:26 am

Cowboys could still package Larry Allen and move up a little.

He won't be there at pick 22. Good Luck.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:31 am

Interesting career possibilities for Jackson.

Denver: Weakest run Def. division, the best offensive line, but also the tema that chews up RBs and spits them out well before their already short career-life-expectancy is over.

Dallas: Parcells running scheme, still solid offensive line, but probably the best run def. division.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:40 am

i don't know about the best run defense division...

eagles were horrible in stopping the run last year. washington doesn't have much of an dline but arringtion is a scary bastard for anyone to face. 8-o and giants aren't great run stuffers either really.
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:43 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:i don't know about the best run defense division...

eagles were horrible in stopping the run last year. washington doesn't have much of an dline but arringtion is a scary bastard for anyone to face. 8-o and giants aren't great run stuffers either really.

The eagle did have no less than 4 D-lineman on IR all year. Even if Kearse isn't healthy a front 4 composed of N.D. Kalu, Darwin Walker, Corey Simon, and Hollis Thomas is a scary prospect.

Dallas I think from last year is another excellent def. With guys like Glover and Nyugen, they should be able to their success on defense (lets face it Hambrick's running and Carter's throwing sure weren't the reasons they were 10-6).

Washington has one of the meanest LB corps, and their def. line isn't bad (nothing like their o-line last year). They could use another DE and DT, but their LBs should be able to mke up for it on stuffing the run.

Giants, them or Washington is the worst against the run, but still they have talent there (it was just mainly resting on IR last year). They picked up Emmons, who is a great tackler, and still have Strahan too.

It'd be a bit easier on a back playing for Philly or Dallas in this division, but I don't see any team being particularly weak against the run like their usually is in a division.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:35 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Dallas: Parcells running scheme, still solid offensive line, but probably the best run def. division.

What NFC east have you been watching?

NY Football Giants #18 vs the run
Philadelphia #22
Washington #24

I agree, they aren't as soft overall as the AFC West, but they weren't much last year. However I expect all three defenses to be much better.
;-D

Statistically, the AFC East was the best against the run last year. Miami, New England and Buffalo were all top 10 run Ds.

AFC South RBs beware. The #1 and #2 run defenses reside there.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk