value of McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

value of McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:11 pm

MCG321 wrote:Pertaining to whether they will be in a RBBC or not, about a week ago I posted an article that stated they will possibly both be on the field at the same time, with no fullback. It'll confuse defenses because they can't guess who it is going to.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Go there for the full read.

I'm not feeling this. They are similar runners stylistically and neither can block. Defenses already have plenty of trouble when there's one good rb on the field to decide whether to focus on stopping the run or the pass.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:30 pm

The Sandwich wrote:He is in a similar situation to Barlow last year. You know he is the future but noone knows when he will be given the starting position. I would take him this year if you have Henry as well. He is an earlier round pick up in a dynasty or keeper league then in a seasonal redraft league. For this year it all depends on how much time on the field he is given and at this point noone knows the answer to that.

He mayb be waiting for a much longer time than barlow because travis henry is no where near 30... I think Willis we be just specifically a 3rd down back..

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:43 pm

hey, i been wondering if you select t. henry in a draft. By which round you would consider selecting willis mcghaee for insurance.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:34 pm

Barring injury to Henry I would forget aboutMcGahee this season.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Azrael » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:20 pm

Homeless wrote:Barring injury to Henry I would forget aboutMcGahee this season.

Right, so he's really only worth handcuffing to Henry.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:00 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Relatively worthless right now. I've never been a huge fan of taking handcuffs unless the backup is proven. There's only 3-4 backups that have some game experience right now.

In order:
DeShaun Foster
Chris Brown
Maurice Morris
Najeh Davenport

If they aren't on that list, they probably aren't worth much.

Id add larry johnson to that list, holmes is always an injury risk, and he will be gone in a few years and he is the future. That is, if its a dynasty league anyways, if its a redraft league id pick him up in last round or 2 or get him off WW. Just my 2 cents
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:55 pm

I've read that Mularkey wants to use both of them on the field at the same time... I don't know how that would work, unless Bledsoe has been hiding some mobility all these years - he'd get killed more than usual with even less blockers protecting him...

I won't bash McGahee much until I see him in pre-season. I've done enough early (maybe) unwarranted bashing of him to last all of next season if need-be. He looked good in college, but is coming back from an injury and I just don't think Henry deserves to be put in this situation... If he were on any other team, I'd probably be spouting the same crap all of the Buffalo homers have been saying... "McGahee is the next Portis," etc.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bungle613 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:17 am

Allright... I agree in principal that an unproven talent is not worth much. BUT... I am in Toronto and get Buff tv and radio. The coaches and players are really high on this guy. Complete recovery is what they are saying. Who knows for sure...right?

IS McGahee worth Krob in a straight up trade? Forget our rosters... is the deal equal or really lopsided?

I know...second part is in the wrong forum...but I had to ask.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk