how to fairly expand league size? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

how to fairly expand league size?

Moderator: Football Moderators

how to fairly expand league size?

Postby awwchrist » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:12 pm

Currently I'm running a modest 8 team, 2 keeper local friends league that is 5 years strong. I'm going to ask current owners to see if there's any interest in expanding.

I'd like to have a plan in place to expand the league by2 teams. So I'd like some cafe input as to how to handle current rosters, keepers and drafting.

For instance, how would you incorporate the new teams into the draft? Do they go ahead of the last place teams? What about keepers? Is it feasible to have all the current owners protect one player on their current roster, leaving the rest for the other two owners to select a keeper from?

How can this be done that's fair to all teams?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:29 pm

Well I suppose you could do it a million different ways.....but I have a suggestion.

How about a special two round expansion draft where the 8 incumbent teams get one protected and one unprotected player. The two new teams then get two rounds to draft from the unprotected pool (or the waivers if they want). After those two rounds, the four teams that lost players get compensitory picks from the waiver pool. Then you start the draft as normal with the two new teams getting the first two picks.

I think that would be fair.....

Edit - The order of the compensitory draft should be the same order as they lost their players in the expansion draft.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Big Pimpin' » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:03 pm

i would also make sure that one team can loose one guy maximum. in case there is a team with 3 really good guys, he can't end up with only one of them.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk