A David Carr thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A David Carr thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

A David Carr thread

Postby JrcWy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:29 pm

I just want to see what some opinions are on Carr. I think he has handled taking over an expansion team quite well, though his numbers aren't that impressive. He has skills and leadership, apparent when he sat out for injuries. However, I think fans might start to make a little noise if his numbers aren't up this year. I havent seen him play a whole lot and so I am wondering what others in the forum think of his pro future and his fantasy football future.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A David Carr thread

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:37 pm

JrcWY wrote:I just want to see what some opinions are on Carr. I think he has handled taking over an expansion team quite well, though his numbers aren't that impressive. He has skills and leadership, apparent when he sat out for injuries. However, I think fans might start to make a little noise if his numbers aren't up this year. I havent seen him play a whole lot and so I am wondering what others in the forum think of his pro future and his fantasy football future.

Despite missing time last season he's shown he's tough and has a lot of ability. I don't think the fans will turn on him too quickly. I have a lot of respect for Carr as a player. I think he will actually make a pretty decent #2 QB this year, too, with the way the WRs seem to be playing.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:56 pm

I'd say the Texans have plenty of upside due to the emergence of the two rookies - Dom Davis and Andre Johnson. If they can put up the same numbers this year (and in Davis' case, better due to playing more games) they should do well. Plus, Billy Miller is a pretty good TE. I liked watching Texans games last year because they almost always made a game of it no matter who they were playing. The only thing that hurts them is that they are in a tough division with Tennessee and Indy.

Carr's main problem last year was he got hurt. If he can stay relatively healthy this year, he should be a decent #2 QB as Gunslinger said.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:32 am

I think he will be THE future of the NFL at QB. Not alot of hte best qb's did as well as he has even on better teams. Look at Manning, Elway etc... The kid will be a star.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Canacuna » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:40 am

I don't know if he will ever put up the huge numbers, but he looks like he will be a winner - ala Troy Aikman (maybe). Houston looks to be improving nicely and I think the fans will appreciate having a good team - rather than get upset over the stats of one of their players.

Fantasy football wise, he'd make a decent backup. I have him as a nice pickup in the later rounds.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:49 am

I agree with Bungle, Carr has a bright future. He has A solid TE, potentially great WR/RB tandem and they are all as young as he is. The GM seems to know how to build a team judging from how competative they've been. If they can solidify their O-line Carr could rocket up to a top 10 QB as early as next season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:11 am

Coaching is a plus too ... Capers has done a great job.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mannubhai » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:12 am

I think Carr will shine this year and Texans are serious playoff contendors this year.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:34 am

I really like carr, I have always said that Houston has a great young team with Carr leading the way. I see a bright future too. ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk