Tampa Bay running back sentenced to jail - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tampa Bay running back sentenced to jail

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bungle613 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:24 am

I took him in the 13th round of my dynasty league...so I have a player. BUT... I would rather have seen a 4 year sentence and written off the pick.

I am getting a little frustrated at these pro players being complete idiots and still having people defend them or even admire them. Owens, Northcutt, Law, Lewis, Pittman et al. Maybe not all criminals but fools none the less. Get rid of all of them...the league would be better off.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:02 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Then again, I've never had more money and cars and houses and hot chicks to know what to do with to keep myself out of those situations! :-?

This is something I always try to remember as I judge how stupid these athletes are. It is actually surprising that there are not more athletes in trouble once you consider how they have been treated as they've grown up. They've been given the big Ws: Wealth, Wine, and Women, since they've been discovered. This is a recipe for disaster and it is more surpising when you hear of athletes that are good people, or have stayed out of the spotlight and rap sheets.
That said, I feel the court system has let down the public good yet again. 30 Days for ramming into an occupied car! Think about it. If his kid gets injured or worse, and that was a possibility regarless of how fast he may have been going, how many years does he get then? But no one is hurt, so a month seems about right. WTF is going on with our legal system.
Oh yeah, and now a bigger RBBC mess in Tampon Bay! Dammitdammitdammit!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mannubhai » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:06 am

Who said only the Ravens cannot keep out of trouble.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:06 am

moochman wrote:
Oh yeah, and now a bigger RBBC mess in Tampon Bay! Dammitdammitdammit!

what makes you think that?..Pittman most likely wont play this year for the Bucs, the legue will finsih off his season....not to mention the fact the Bucs clearly don't want anything to do witrh him, hence the signing of 3 new RBs...Pittman is done in TB and most likey in the NFL for the season....at least he should be

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:37 am

mannubhai wrote:Who said only the Ravens cannot keep out of trouble.

I have multiple times :-)
But the Ravens are the worst

Anyway why wont these players stay out of trouble? Idiots. I look for his production to decrease anyway...with Alstott back and Garner
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk