2004 FFC GM's Choice Cheat Sheet: QBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2004 FFC GM's Choice Cheat Sheet: QBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:13 am

how is hass above mcnab??
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:14 am

aussieboy wrote:how is hass above mcnab??

These rankings were based on lists we submitted to KG way back when (February, I think)... If I remember correctly, the whole idea was to put out these lists before draft time, and then put out another set later in the offseason to see how things had changed... Right, fellas?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:19 pm

bump
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasizing » Thu May 13, 2004 8:57 pm

While I love Hass as well, I agree with you all that McNabb should go ahead of him, if for nothing else, for the TO factor alone. McNabb never, I mean NEVER, had a WR, now he has one of the best in the game. Just imagine what numbers he could put up now....sky's the limit in Philly.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Thu May 13, 2004 9:40 pm

I wouldn't go that far, I'd say McNabb can have a very productive season, but he won't be the best QB.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Fri May 14, 2004 8:17 am

fantasizing wrote:While I love Hass as well, I agree with you all that McNabb should go ahead of him, if for nothing else, for the TO factor alone. McNabb never, I mean NEVER, had a WR, now he has one of the best in the game. Just imagine what numbers he could put up now....sky's the limit in Philly.

Well going into last season, McNabb was considered the best fantasy QB, one of the main reasons for this were his rushing stats in season 2002. McNabb rushed for 460 yards and 6TD in 10 games. Does having better WR that can get open now limit his need to rush? I'd say so, so it kind of evens itself out. McNabb may pass for more yards and pass for a few more TDs, but chances are his rushing stats will go down.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Fri May 14, 2004 5:30 pm

aussieboy wrote:
fantasizing wrote:While I love Hass as well, I agree with you all that McNabb should go ahead of him, if for nothing else, for the TO factor alone. McNabb never, I mean NEVER, had a WR, now he has one of the best in the game. Just imagine what numbers he could put up now....sky's the limit in Philly.

Well going into last season, McNabb was considered the best fantasy QB, one of the main reasons for this were his rushing stats in season 2002. McNabb rushed for 460 yards and 6TD in 10 games. Does having better WR that can get open now limit his need to rush? I'd say so, so it kind of evens itself out. McNabb may pass for more yards and pass for a few more TDs, but chances are his rushing stats will go down.

Fair enough, but TO will be double-covered like there's no tomorrow, so at times, McNabb will still have to move those legs.
Although, TO is very good at shaking off coverage and finding open lanes.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wrestleannouncer » Fri May 14, 2004 6:55 pm

4) McNabb, 5) McNair, 6) Hasselbeck

But that's just me... McNair is the guy to watch once AGAIN, because he really is that tough and that good. I think Hass will be great and McNabb is a toss-up, but until we actually see T.O. having problems in Philly, it has to be this way on my board.

If this was keeper (maybe it is), maybe stick the same as it was... with McNabb over McNair.
Wrestleannouncer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deadskunks » Sun May 16, 2004 1:13 am

I'm curious to see what this list looks like in a month or two...

IMO, definitely McNabb over McNair (for reasons already stated)... and I imagine Harrington, Rattay, and McCown's value will all be different as the season gets closer
"know the enemy, know yourself; your victory will never be endangered. Know the ground, know the weather; your victory will then be complete"
deadskunks
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:51 am

bump
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk