2004 FFC GM's Choice Cheat Sheet: WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2004 FFC GM's Choice Cheat Sheet: WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pete123444 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:54 pm

yeah we are... one for the thumb, that would work.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Wed May 12, 2004 11:11 am

Why is Javon Walker ahead of Donald Driver? :-t

I just don't see Walker becoming the big-play reciever that Driver is fully capable of becoming this season.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed May 12, 2004 11:22 am

Walker is ahead of Driver on almost every cheat sheet b/c of Walker's growth last year and his outstanding potential. Driver could surprise a little and get more back to his 2002 form, but it's just more likely that Walker will be one of those 3rd year WR's that breakout.

With Favre throwing, he even made Bill Schroader look like a solid WR, and that ain't easy folks!
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Wed May 12, 2004 1:17 pm

Nice work on a fine cheat sheet! What struck me as odd was that Dainty "Oh my hammy" Stallworth is listed with the back-ups. I am sure that that is an error and he was misplaced from the inured list.
I think McCariens is a steal, he could blow up as a #2 with Penny and the Jets.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby maddog60 » Wed May 12, 2004 2:19 pm

The only obvious disagreements I have with this Cheatsheet are:

McCairens is too low.
Price and Boston are way too high.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sinnlos26 » Wed May 12, 2004 3:08 pm

this is really good ;-D
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu May 13, 2004 9:29 am

i think Chad Johnson is way too high on this sheet, but other than that it looks good. Rookie QB throwing to him, a RB who hasn't shown he can go an entire season yet, plus one of the toughest schedules against the pass. He is going to struggle.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby T-DIDDY » Thu May 13, 2004 12:24 pm

Can someone tell me why Boldin is consistently ranked very high? I know he had decent #'s last year, but to rank him 7th overall seems a little ridiculous to me. I had him on my team last year and he wasn't very consistent. Also, doesn't the addition of Larry Fitz decrease his value? Larry is a great receiver, and you don't waste the 3rd pick overall in the draft to take a receiver who won't at least lead the team in receptions. I'm a big Penn State fan and I really hate Pitt, but I still think Fitzgerald is great. Also, Arizona's quarterback situation isn't exactly the greatest...

Am I completely off base here?
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu May 13, 2004 2:39 pm

T-DIDDY wrote:Can someone tell me why Boldin is consistently ranked very high? I know he had decent #'s last year, but to rank him 7th overall seems a little ridiculous to me. I had him on my team last year and he wasn't very consistent. Also, doesn't the addition of Larry Fitz decrease his value? Larry is a great receiver, and you don't waste the 3rd pick overall in the draft to take a receiver who won't at least lead the team in receptions. I'm a big Penn State fan and I really hate Pitt, but I still think Fitzgerald is great. Also, Arizona's quarterback situation isn't exactly the greatest...

Am I completely off base here?

nope. Personally, I think he is the only WR from most cheat sheets who is drastically overranked. Last yr, he was thrown to more than any other WR in the league which translated into the 2nd most receptions. As you noted, with the addition of another WR, and a new QB, one could reasonably expect his numbers to drop. This is not a comment about his skill but rather common sense regarding the situation he is in this yr compared to last yr. The addition of a 2nd WR doesnt mean ARI is going to double their passing yards - it means they will get split between them.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Thu May 13, 2004 2:49 pm

I hope most people agree DJax is only the 17th best receiver. That means I'll be able to draft him cheap next year.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk