Have the Giants gone crazy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby frog99 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:13 pm

:-t they give up too much for just for the legacy
frog99
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:15 pm

I am really glad about this deal. San Diego was taking a beating in the press this week... being called an embaressment franchise. SD needs all the help it can get. The only problem for SD now is.... is Rivers a a Leaf? Wouldn't that be horrible. 2 times passing on a superstar Manning.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:08 pm

bungle613 wrote:I am really glad about this deal. San Diego was taking a beating in the press this week... being called an embaressment franchise. SD needs all the help it can get. The only problem for SD now is.... is Rivers a a Leaf? Wouldn't that be horrible. 2 times passing on a superstar Manning.
There's not gonna be a Manning in next year's draft but the way I see it even if Rivers is a bust they still have two first round picks next year plus they have a third this year and a fifth next year. I don't think Rivers will be a bust personally but even if he is they will be able to make up for it with all that they aquired. The Chargers were gonna draft Manning from the begining, they said that in order for them to trade down it would have to be a blockbuster deal. I don't think they were gonna be trading Eli for much less than what they got.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bungle613 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:16 pm

I know there is no more Mannings floating around. I meant the Leaf/Manning draft from (year?)
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:47 pm

SD pulled ogg a great trade, giants must be really HIGH on manning, but i like all how there are a few vikings fan in this forum
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:54 pm

bungle613 wrote:I know there is no more Mannings floating around. I meant the Leaf/Manning draft from (year?)
It was the 98 draft and I know that you knew that. I was just saying that they won't have a chance to get another Manning but they still could get a good QB even if Rivers busts.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:56 pm

There's always Cooper Manning in a few years...

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CKY_ROX » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:42 pm

yay, this is a niec step towards a good team for the chargers, aftrer next draft (which will have 2 high picks hopefully) i think that they should be able to make a little run

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:44 pm

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:SD pulled ogg a great trade, giants must be really HIGH on manning, but i like all how there are a few vikings fan in this forum

They are like weeds that keep springing up no matter how many times you try to get rid of them.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Buckychudd wrote:The Chargers called NYG bluff and won. ;-D

Agreed, a very ballsy move by SD
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk