What wrong with de and rb? (NFL Draft) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What wrong with de and rb? (NFL Draft)

Moderator: Football Moderators

What wrong with de and rb? (NFL Draft)

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:06 pm

I am just curious seen will smith and K. udeze dropping. Also seem like no one wants s. jackson.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:08 pm

Its all about team needs. As far as RBs, good RBs can be picked up later on. Udeze droppping is a little surprising to me though.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:09 pm

To me, it looks like Dallas is going to get Stephen Jackson and Detroit might get Kevin Jones with one of their early 2nd round picks.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:10 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with Jackson, as I've been saying all along, it has to do with the team's situations. To save myself some time, I'll just quote one of my posts from the other day:

I don't see many teams ahead of Dallas taking a shot at a 1st round RB. I think the best chance is Detroit trading down a bit and getting Jackson, but #6 is too high for him. As for the others:

Pitt: Like has been said, they need a QB or a CB much worse. I've heard they love Rivers and he could very well drop to them. A CB would also be able to step in now and I don't think they'd use a 1st rounder on a RB to come in in 2-3 years when their biggest FA signing was a RB.

Bucs: Similar situation, they brought in 2 FA RB's, and have tons of holes. With that many holes, why would they spend nearly all their FA money AND their #1 draft pick on RB's? Usually, when teams draft RB's to come in down the line, it's in the 3rd round. 1st round RB's are expected to step in immediately, and that isn't consistent with the signing of Garner.

Denver: I don't know why everyone thinks they definitely traded up to leapfrog NE/Dallas for a RB. They've been much worse off at RB before, and waited until later rounds to draft them. I don't see why no one has picked up on the fact that they haven't been able to resign Ian Gold at OLB, and they've jumped ahead of teams like Minnesota that might take a LB like DJ Williams out from under them...My guess would be that Denver goes LB with their 1st rounder.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:27 pm

I think the vikings got a steal with udeze.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Buckychudd » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:33 pm

Nice call on Denver Bagel!

;-D
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:14 pm

I am surprised also that Udezi and Smith fell that far. Udezi was originally expected to be a top 10 pick. I heard that Will Smith is going to be used more as a OLB than a DE though. I am elated though that the Vikes came away with the best DE in the draft IMO and they didn't time out. I had to look away from the TV for a little while after the pick though, could somebody tel me what the Vikings received for trading down with the Phins?

I wasn't too surprised either that the Broncos didn't take Jackson. They need LB help and as Bagel said they have never in the past been afraid to take RBs late and rely on them. The main shocker to me was that Dallass passed on him. They need a RB more than just about anybody else in the draft and they traded away the pick where they could have gotten him. This draft has definitely had some interesting twists and turns.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bungle613 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:24 pm

Vikes got Miami's 4th rounder... 112? overall.

The Rams couldn't move fast enough on that one. What... 24th overall! Steven Jackson? Trade - move - trade - call someone HURRY
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:25 pm

bungle613 wrote:Vikes got Miami's 4th rounder... 112? overall.

The Rams couldn't move fast enough on that one. What... 24th overall! Steven Jackson? Trade - move - trade - call someone HURRY

Yeah, dolphins gave 4th round pick. Dunno why the hell we did, though.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:26 pm

Oh Martz, what kind of fantasy mess have you just created. Two potential starting RBs (Faulk & Jackson) are now possibly a RBBC it appears.

Is Faulk even a top 15-20 pick now?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk