What wrong with de and rb? (NFL Draft) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What wrong with de and rb? (NFL Draft)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:26 pm

UtopianHopes wrote:
Flux wrote:
UtopianHopes wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Vikes got Miami's 4th rounder... 112? overall.

The Rams couldn't move fast enough on that one. What... 24th overall! Steven Jackson? Trade - move - trade - call someone HURRY

Yeah, dolphins gave 4th round pick. Dunno why the hell we did, though.

The Vikes were also interested in Vernon Carey, and they needed to secure him since Andrews was already off the board. I dont think its a bad move at all for them

I doubt they viking would have past of udeze for carey. I just get the feeling the dolphins like giving away picks (examples 2 round for feely, 2 round for greenwood, 2 round for w. smith). I think w. smith was good, but of course they tried to fix mistake with drafting e. moore who got arrested recently.

I agree with you that the Vikes probably weren't going to take him, but the Dolphins entire season could have depended on taking that risk. They needed to beef up that right side of the line and with Andrews gone, Carey was the next best O-linemen. Taking Smiley or Sneed there would have been pushing it, but i guess they could have traded down and picked up some more picks. But when a guy with Carey's size and ability is there, you really want to lock him up.

They do make some very questionable trades, but they also got Boston for a 5th rounder.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:28 pm

Flux wrote:
UtopianHopes wrote:
Flux wrote:
UtopianHopes wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Vikes got Miami's 4th rounder... 112? overall.

The Rams couldn't move fast enough on that one. What... 24th overall! Steven Jackson? Trade - move - trade - call someone HURRY

Yeah, dolphins gave 4th round pick. Dunno why the hell we did, though.

The Vikes were also interested in Vernon Carey, and they needed to secure him since Andrews was already off the board. I dont think its a bad move at all for them

I doubt they viking would have past of udeze for carey. I just get the feeling the dolphins like giving away picks (examples 2 round for feely, 2 round for greenwood, 2 round for w. smith). I think w. smith was good, but of course they tried to fix mistake with drafting e. moore who got arrested recently.

I agree with you that the Vikes probably weren't going to take him, but the Dolphins entire season could have depended on taking that risk. They needed to beef up that right side of the line and with Andrews gone, Carey was the next best O-linemen. Taking Smiley or Sneed there would have been pushing it, but i guess they could have traded down and picked up some more picks. But when a guy with Carey's size and ability is there, you really want to lock him up.

They do make some very questionable trades, but they also got Boston for a 5th rounder.

thanks for the explaination, seems reasonable enough.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:32 pm

Canacuna wrote:I thought the Bengals needed to add a RB to their team through the draft, but not in the first round - and Chris Perry in the first round over Kevin and Greg Jones? Craziness.

Chris Perry is a RB who is Good at everything, and not neccessarily great or bad at anything. I dont know about taking him over K. Jones, but i would have definitely taken him over Greg.

As for taking him in the 1st, I think he was just too good to pass up, and the CB's they were looking for were already gone. Gamble was still there, but i dont think they were sold on him, and they did end up getting Keiwan Ratliff who is a very quality player. No matter who they took at CB, whether it was in the 1st or 2nd rd, he probably wouldn't have seen a ton of action this year. Not a bad move by the Bengals.

My biggest concern is that SD has yet to draft an O-linemen in the 1st 2 rds, they are starting to run VERY thin in quality
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk