Faulk in trouble - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Faulk in trouble

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:38 pm

Owners moaned over Martz inconsistant use of Faulk...can't wait to see what happens now.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:40 pm

This is definitely bad news for Faulk owners. At best he will lose a handfull of carries per game. Good for Marshall and the Rams, bad for FF. That handfull of carries could include one of his breakaway TD runs. Like I could hate Martz more.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:43 pm

I will like to see how martz figures this one out......faullk,jackson,areln harris and gordan that would be fun to watch to see what happens...i think this really hurts faulk....i see him as a top 20 back know no longer a top 15
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:22 pm

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:...i think this really hurts faulk....i see him as a top 20 back know no longer a top 15

I know it's personal opinion, but I don't see how you can drop Faulk out of the top 15, based on Jackson being drafted. We all expected his name to be called out by Denver.......nope. Then again for sure at Dallas' spot.......nada. I think that woke a few teams up in the bottom half of the draft. St. Louis knows Faulk's injury history, and given Jackson's value at the 24 spot, they took the "best available atlhete" at their pick. A solid choice for the Rams and a much better insurance policy than Lamar Gordon. As stated earlier, it's another Larry Johnson/Priest Holmes scenario.

Faulk stays around the #9-11 range for me.

Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:...i think this really hurts faulk....i see him as a top 20 back know no longer a top 15

I know it's personal opinion, but I don't see how you can drop Faulk out of the top 15 based on Jackson being drafted. We all expected Jackson's name to be called out by Denver.......nope. Then again for sure at Dallas' spot.......nada. I think that woke a few teams up in the bottom half of the draft. St. Louis knows Faulk's injury history, and given Jackson's value at the 24 spot, they took the "best available atlhete" at their pick. A solid choice for the Rams and a much better insurance policy than Lamar Gordon. As stated earlier, it's another Larry Johnson/Priest Holmes scenario.

Faulk stays around the #9-11 range for me.

Friendliness: %

Postby MCG321 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:49 pm

I'd drop Faulk a few spots below RBs who will get all of the carries. I feel that Martz will use Jackson so Faulk doesn't get too many carries (and therefore stays healthy the whole season, perhaps saving him for the playoffs). Drafting an RB in the first round, unless they are injured a la McGahee, can never be a good sign for the incumbent RB.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AF » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:11 am

I was also really wishing for Jackson to go somewhere he could start because I am looking to add a RB in the rookie draft of my dynasty league this year.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cupertino_11 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:00 am

Free Bagel wrote:Faulk doesn't move a bit in my book...No rbbc here...

Yupper. As long as Faulk can stay healthy, Jackson won't bother Marshall's playing time or more importantly.......stats.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:40 am

Funny how everyone is worried about a 30 year old RB with injury problems the last three seasons, but no one is talking about Jacksonville's pick of Greg Jones and how it affects Taylor.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby aussieboy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:54 am

well, Taylor has played 32 games in the last two seasons, Faulk has played 25.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk