Faulk in trouble - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Faulk in trouble

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:58 am

aussieboy wrote:well, Taylor has played 32 games in the last two seasons, Faulk has played 25.

Yes so Faulk was already in doubt. You'd think there'd be more talk about Jax drafting a 1st round quality RB if not for the injury when they already have Taylor.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:13 am

Yes so Faulk was already in doubt. You'd think there'd be more talk about Jax drafting a 1st round quality RB if not for the injury when they already have Taylor

oh, i get ur slant now, hmmmm fair point.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cupertino_11 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:33 am

KingGhidra wrote:Funny how everyone is worried about a 30 year old RB with injury problems the last three seasons, but no one is talking about Jacksonville's pick of Greg Jones and how it affects Taylor.

Stacey Mack #2?
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:07 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
aussieboy wrote:well, Taylor has played 32 games in the last two seasons, Faulk has played 25.

Yes so Faulk was already in doubt. You'd think there'd be more talk about Jax drafting a 1st round quality RB if not for the injury when they already have Taylor.

Well, there's a bit of a difference. Jax used a 2nd rounder, whereas the Rams not only used a 1st rounder, but also traded up in the 1st round to get him.

Further, the Jags GM goes with the best player available strategy, so they weren't necessarily filling any "needs" whereas you can get away with saying that the Rams had a reason for drafting SJ.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:12 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

Well, there's a bit of a difference. Jax used a 2nd rounder, whereas the Rams not only used a 1st rounder, but also traded up in the 1st round to get him.

Further, the Jags GM goes with the best player available strategy, so they weren't necessarily filling any "needs" whereas you can get away with saying that the Rams had a reason for drafting SJ.

Right. The Jags didn't do anything extra in order to get Jones, unlike the Rams. Also, Martz is an idiot, so you never know what he's gonna do. :-b
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:12 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Funny how everyone is worried about a 30 year old RB with injury problems the last three seasons, but no one is talking about Jacksonville's pick of Greg Jones and how it affects Taylor.

this thread is about Faulk, could be why no one was talking about Taylor...

Free Bagel wrote: Well, there's a bit of a difference. Jax used a 2nd rounder, whereas the Rams not only used a 1st rounder, but also traded up in the 1st round to get him.

hit the nail on the head FB, Rams tradeing up to get him, and that says something is wrong with Faulk, 30 doesn't mean hes done...but its not loking to good to me...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:42 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:

this thread is about Faulk, could be why no one was talking about Taylor...

My point was... "why are there no threads about Taylor?" Only last year everyone was worried about the threat to Henry from a guy 4 months removed from an ACL injury.

Free Bagel wrote: Well, there's a bit of a difference. Jax used a 2nd rounder, whereas the Rams not only used a 1st rounder, but also traded up in the 1st round to get him.

hit the nail on the head FB, Rams tradeing up to get him, and that says something is wrong with Faulk, 30 doesn't mean hes done...but its not loking to good to me...

However, the Rams didn't have any pressing needs that they don't think they've taken care of in FA. This came up in the mock draft when Kevin Jones? was selected. In fact, it was FB calling the mocker stupid for drafting a RB when they had other needs, but the mocker (who is from StL) was up to date on all the latest Rams moves and needs and revealed an heir apparent to Marshall was just the thing needed. Trading up to have a guy replace Faulk (whether that turns out to be today or two years from now), makes a lot of sense all things considered.

edit: Oh yeah, how come Perry to Cincinnati is being overlooked too?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:56 pm

KingGhidra wrote:edit: Oh yeah, how come Perry to Cincinnati is being overlooked too?

Well, Rudi is hardly a proven RB, and I believe his contract is up after this season, so if there are some disputes, they will have another RB.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:54 pm

Greg Jones will likely be utilized as a FB and he was like the Jaguars 3rd or 4th selection, and although it was a bad pick Rudi is a RFA after the season.

Jackson on the other hand is really good, and Faulk is a lot older than Taylor or Rudi, I just think that this looks worst for Faulk out of the three.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Legacy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:36 pm

Rudi was a RFA this year, and was tendered at the highest level. He will be an unrestricted FA next year and has not signed a long term deal.
Legacy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk