49ers Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

49ers Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

49ers Draft

Postby Shatner8 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:38 pm

What did you guys think so far about the 49ers draft tactics? I think we did a great job in moving down a few spots and picking up some picks to rebuild. Rashaun Woods could be an excellent WR for us, and should contribute right away
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:46 pm

Most of the lower-tier receivers were about equal in ability, so moving down twice and gaining more picks is great for a franchise that needs to rebuild. Woods is a monster; he looks about as big as TO was. I wouldn't mind seeing him out there this year. Picked up an offensive guard also which was something we're going to need this year. I hope they keep filling up the holes in the lines, and for God's sake, if Nate Kaeding is still around in the 3rd or 4th round, just take the kid and we won't have to worry about a kicker for a while! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:49 am

I think the 49'ers did a good job. It was no secret they wanted to get a good WR out of this draft, and with Fitz, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, and Clayton gone, trading down to 31 and still getting Woods was a great move. They also filled holes (hopefully) on the O and D lines with Smiley and Sopagoa.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:56 am

I think they did a good too, just the fact they had Walsh at the table making key moves when they could and giving his adivce on who they should take was the biggest, and best of the day for them...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:06 pm

From what I have read, however, it looks like the 49'ers got pretty lucky. After they traded down a 2nd time (to 31) Atlanta moved in to the 29th slot and grabbed Mike Jenkins. With KC set to draft at 30, and already having said they would like to add a receiver, the 49'ers were fortunate that their pick was traded to Detroit. If they had kept the pick and taken Woods, the 49'er org would probably be wiping the egg off their face about now.

Anyway, as a wise man once said, I'd rather be lucky than good.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to San Francisco 49ers