Who had the best draft so far? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who had the best draft so far?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:34 pm

I'm gonna say the Eagles did pretty pathetic today. If they were going to bother drafting up to #16, D.J. Williams makes a lot more sense than Andrews. They're major needs are at WR (a real #2) and LB(no depth whatsoever). Yet instead they only managed to add depth to the O-line and CBs, drafting only 2 players in the first 3 rounds. I'd be happier if they stayed where they were, took Jacob Rogers or Karlos Dansby, and drafted Colbert in the 2nd round. That alone would've been better than they're current status.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:39 pm

I wonder why ya brought up the topic, Moochman? B-)

Besides the Lions, Arizona ranks among the top teams.

But I LOVE how Carolina got Chris Gamble...I was dreaming all week, saying to my friends, "man, wouldn't it be great if Chris Gamble slid to Carolina"

BOO YAH

And btw, what was Dallas thinking passing on the best back of the draft? :-t
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:12 pm

The rumor is Dallas may be trying to get T Henry from the bills, so that could be a reason. As for best draft, Id also have to go with the Lions, with Roy Williams & Kevin Jones, they are looking pretty good. Myabe they wont suck this year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mannubhai » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:13 pm

Detroit had the best draft..no doubt.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelyeri » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:36 pm

1. lions
2. cards
3. chargers

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AF » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:43 pm

My vote would also go to the Lions. I do like the way that SD handled the Manning situation though. They made out real well in that deal, but not good enough in THIS draft to make them the best.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:37 am

deftdelivery wrote:I wonder why ya brought up the topic, Moochman? B-)

You see right through me! I would've wanted to see who thinks what even if I didn't think the Lions did great.
And I also hoped they would take Troupe, Bagel, but they did need a LB and increasing team speed was a goal of Mariucci's when he took over. Ricks could be a real sleeper next year with Rogers, Williams, and Jones keeping the Ds busy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:13 am

moochman wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:I wonder why ya brought up the topic, Moochman? B-)

You see right through me! I would've wanted to see who thinks what even if I didn't think the Lions did great.
And I also hoped they would take Troupe, Bagel, but they did need a LB and increasing team speed was a goal of Mariucci's when he took over. Ricks could be a real sleeper next year with Rogers, Williams, and Jones keeping the Ds busy.

Hasn't Ricks been a sleeper for a while now? He is an excellent receiver, but wasn't he benched throughout his career for his horrible blocking ability?

If I don't end up with Tony G., though, I'll be looking his way in the later rounds...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:24 am

Detroit, New England and Arizona all come to mind. Jury is still out on San Diego to see what they do with all those extra draft picks and that isn't until next year. I also like Chicago picking two DTs with their first two picks. That tells you they fully intend to have a dominating defensive line.

Cleveland mystified me with the Winslow II pick. Their o-line must be completely healthy and recovered from last year. If so, that's a nice group of receivers Garcia has to throw to.

Philly's pick of Shawn Andrews proves all their talk of liking a RB was a bluff to generate trade interest at their spot. SA is supposed to be the best run blocking tackle in the draft, so that could spell good numbers for Westbrook and Buckhalter.

Oakland's decision to draft two o-lineman with their first two picks is interesting also... They are only two seasons removed from being considered the best o-lines in the league. Not one to sit on their laurels I guess.

Maybe Tennessee got a steal with Randy Starks in the 3rd. They loaded up on defense.. 4/5 picks were defensive players and they got an impact TE. They aren't gonna go gently into that goodnight like I thought they were.

Special congratulations to Detroit though. All their fans are happier than they have been in years I bet. San Fran was moronic for letting Mooch go.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MMH » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:42 am

Well obviously Detroit and Arizona drafted well but I think The Falcons had a pretty good draft that has been overlooked as they basically filled all their needs.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk