Winner and Losers on 1st draft day - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Winner and Losers on 1st draft day

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby didntsignin GreenBay4Life » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:28 am

yea on wilford to bad he runs a 4.7 40 time maybe thats why he fell. however i think he can be a solid wr.
didntsignin GreenBay4Life

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:23 pm

I guess you could say that the Chargers did good with the trade, but in reality and as a whole, their draft wasn't that good. Two of their major needs were blown in O-Line and Wr's.

They picked up a WR in the 6th round and two O-linemen in the 7th round. They will be lucky if these guys make the team. So they are in the same crapboat that they had with Brees at QB.

How are Brees and Rivers going to be any good with no O-linemen worth a crap and no WR's? Please help me understand how they can just pass on good linemen and receivers the whole draft. Rivers will be a bust, not because he doesn't have the talent, but b/c he doesn't have the talent around him.

Chargers are a joke IMO, no offense to the fans. This is why Eli refused to go and play there. It would of ruined his career.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:49 pm

NFLknowitall wrote:I guess you could say that the Chargers did good with the trade, but in reality and as a whole, their draft wasn't that good. Two of their major needs were blown in O-Line and Wr's.

They picked up a WR in the 6th round and two O-linemen in the 7th round. They will be lucky if these guys make the team. So they are in the same crapboat that they had with Brees at QB.

How are Brees and Rivers going to be any good with no O-linemen worth a crap and no WR's? Please help me understand how they can just pass on good linemen and receivers the whole draft. Rivers will be a bust, not because he doesn't have the talent, but b/c he doesn't have the talent around him.

Chargers are a joke IMO, no offense to the fans. This is why Eli refused to go and play there. It would of ruined his career.

Ruined his career? Who the hell said he had to stay there his whole career? He'd be playing with the best RB in football and if they added some pieces over the next couple years may have had a good chance to build a good team around him. Of course now they have more tools to do that without him. I hope the Chargers make it to the Bowl before the Giants. And since I don't think the Giants are going to be anything special next year the chargers could have the first 2 picks in the draft. Not bad.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:53 pm

Considering how much Stl relies on their RB to make the offense go, coupled with the fact that Marshall misses 4-6 games every year (and he's old), I think it was a great pick.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk