We got smoked... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

We got smoked...

Moderator: Football Moderators

We got smoked...

Postby Sirdoudofapples » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:33 pm

Ok, it's only day one, but I think I may have just witnessed the worst draft ever for the Colts. We trade down when there are impact players available for our need positions, and then make a reach at a LB and and take a TE and Safety, no D-Line help, no Corners. Unless Polian knows something I don't (which is likely, since he runs the organization), this seems unacceptable. Pollard could be cut, justifying the hartsock selection; Bashir could be gone, justifying the Sanders selection...and poor Gilbert Gardner- I'm a big Purdue fan, and I love the guy, but I think this was just too high. Granted, other Purdue LBs have been surprisingly good, but high 3rd round for a guy projected 5-7.
Sirdoudofapples
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:13 am

I think sander and doss to start at safety seem scarry (sander a great hitter). Also, last year both te got inj (make it reasonable to draft some depth).
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

ughhhhh

Postby terrybob » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:45 am

ugh...is all I can say!
terrybob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby YunYaamka » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:47 am

Ugh. That draft was horrible. Who was the first CB we took? Von friggin Hutchins? Jesus. It's times like these that make me almost want to see a trade involving Edge and half of the Dolphins defensive starters.
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby marvin88 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:34 pm

i think jason david was before hutchins but i know what you mean. i can't believe not a single d-lineman and only one o-line. i remember i was sitting here thinking about all guys that could help us every time the colts were on the board and granted lots of people passed on them too but why not try a third on derrick strait or will smith(that's the osu cb right) or al those dts that fell to the third and fourth. instead they'd either trade down or draft exactly the one position i figured they wouldn't touch. they have drafted a whole whack of safeties in the last few years. doss, bird, bashir, now sanders and all pretty high picks. then te? who would of thought after taking clark in the 1st last year they would go te in the 3rd? you can always make cases for why they pick so and so but they could have done a lot better or at least made me feel better. lol
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Return to Indianapolis Colts