So if San Diego and NYG are the two worst teams next year... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So if San Diego and NYG are the two worst teams next year...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:13 am

Eli is very good no doubt..but Giants could have got him cheaper.

how? cmon give the Giants some credit, do u think they wouldve offered that deal straight up? I very much doubt it, they wouldve offered as little as they possibly could initially, clearly SD to their credit were not prepared to sell Eli cheaply just because he didnt want to play there. SD had a price for Eli, and whoever wanted him had to pay it.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:22 am

Well, assuming Eli Manning turns out to be as good as his brother, it's not that bad of a deal. However, at this point, being an unproven rookie, it looks hella bad.

...Especially when the Giants will probably finish with around the same record as last year.

San Diego will definitely have two top ten picks in '05 and will be able to build a great foundation for the future.

Oh, and Eli Manning = :-t for stating he wouldn't play for San Diego.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:11 pm

Can anyone tell me what the Giants were thinking? After watching Eli hold that Charger jersey like it was made of kryptonite the Giants should have called the Chargers and said "you know we had a change of heart, taking Williams will help us more. of course if you want to throw in a draft pick..." It's called having the morons over a barrell, stupid Giants. You should have given no more than a pack of chewing gum to swap picks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:17 am

I say NO WAY that giants and the chargers are going to be last again next yr..i like the chargers for next yr i think they will b ok and eli is a great QB he soudnt win the citzienship award but is a great QB at least give him that
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:19 am

Heres something to think about, if there is a supplemental draft for Clarett and Mike Williams, SD now has 2 picks in the 1st rd...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:25 am

Eli had just better pray Shockey can stay helathy all year, because none of the defensive coordinators in the NFC east are going to let him have enough time to throw to anyone else.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:08 pm

Shockey! lol, he is at least good for 2 td's per year, right?

Maybe someday he will get his act together and actually earn a trip to the Pro Bowl.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:00 pm

it was defiantely a great deal for san diego, although iw ould have rather had big ben than rivers.

manning will get a rude welcome into the nfl by the nfc east next year. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:51 pm

NFLknowitall wrote:Shockey! lol, he is at least good for 2 td's per year, right?

Maybe someday he will get his act together and actually earn a trip to the Pro Bowl.

I'd lower that to one, since he now has to face Sean Taylor twice a year, in addition to B-Dawk and Roy Williams.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk