Eli - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eli

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:14 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
MCG321 wrote:Well, I for one sure can't wait until Kearse makes a nice Manning indentation in the grass at the Linc.

Oh yeah. I hope the 'Boys send an all out blitz at him and have La'Roi, Marcellus and Roywill obliterate his punkass.

Cowboys and Eagles fans on the same side for one! :-b
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:20 pm

MCG321 wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
MCG321 wrote:Well, I for one sure can't wait until Kearse makes a nice Manning indentation in the grass at the Linc.

Oh yeah. I hope the 'Boys send an all out blitz at him and have La'Roi, Marcellus and Roywill obliterate his punkass.

Cowboys and Eagles fans on the same side for one! :-b

;-D
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:27 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:

If the Giants protection scheme doesn't get a whole lot better than the end of last year, I would send the farm on every 2nd and 3rd down. Manning better be a good reader and 3-step drop thrower in that case. They do have Shockey so that is a positive.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:41 pm

Let me put on my hater cap for a moment. Okay I wear it most of the time! I don't want to see Eli sacked, though he could be driven into the turf rather rudely. I would like to see him under-estimate the speed of pro CBs and toss an INT that gets returned for a TD. That way he could pry himself out of the turf just in time to hear all of NY booing his a**! It'll remind him of draft day all over again.
And as for the Eagle and Cowboy fans being on the same side. Knock it off already! The next thing you know the Vikings will have won the Super Bowl and we can all go ice skating on the new frozen tundra...HELL.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby AF » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:42 pm

My most hated NFL Players:(updated 9/24/04)

1. Terrel Ownes
2. Eli Manning
3. Warren Sapp
4. MeShawn Johnson

I totally agree with the statement about how pathetic this looked after the tribute to Tillman. .
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:26 am

AF wrote:My most hated NFL Players:(updated 9/24/04)

1. Terrel Ownes
2. Eli Manning
3. Warren Sapp
4. MeShawn Johnson

I totally agree with the statement about how pathetic this looked after the tribute to Tillman. .

Terrell, Eli and Keyshawn? I guess you're not a big fan of the NFC East. :-b
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:24 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:

1. Terrel Ownes
2. Eli Manning
3. Warren Sapp
4. MeShawn Johnson

Terrell, Eli and Keyshawn? I guess you're not a big fan of the NFC East. :-b

Let's see. Eagles, Giants, Raiders, and Cowboys.... :-? ... Nope don't like any of them.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:40 am

1. Terrel Ownes
2. Eli Manning
3. Warren Sapp
4. MeShawn Johnson

No way is Eli up that far already. This whole ordeal is ridiculous, but there are a few things to consider in favor of the Mannings. First off, Archie didn't want to make this a public issue. He went to talk to the GM AJ Smith to ask him not to make Eli a Charger (given Archie's career that was a reasonable concern for his son's career). Secondly, it was the Chargers who brought this to the media's attention. If you ask me they used Archie's request as a way out as they have notorious issues with picking #1 overall, and the whole Ryan Leaf syndrom. I'd bet Eli's hard line stance, and subsequent actions, against playing from them came from the Chargers going public with what the Mannings thought would be a private matter.

Either way Eli hasn't been involved in the NFL long enough to build up a reputation of selfishness to compare to the likes of Keyshawn or Sapp.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:43 am

maddog60 wrote:

1. Terrel Ownes
2. Eli Manning
3. Warren Sapp
4. MeShawn Johnson

No way is Eli up that far already. This whole ordeal is ridiculous, but there are a few things to consider in favor of the Mannings. First off, Archie didn't want to make this a public issue. He went to talk to the GM AJ Smith to ask him not to make Eli a Charger (given Archie's career that was a reasonable concern for his son's career). Secondly, it was the Chargers who brought this to the media's attention. If you ask me they used Archie's request as a way out as they have notorious issues with picking #1 overall, and the whole Ryan Leaf syndrom. I'd bet Eli's hard line stance, and subsequent actions, against playing from them came from the Chargers going public with what the Mannings thought would be a private matter.

Either way Eli hasn't been involved in the NFL long enough to build up a reputation of selfishness to compare to the likes of Keyshawn or Sapp.

He exactly hasn't gotten off on the right foot either. Until he has MVP type numbers this is what everyone will remember. Look at Elway. He did the same thing with the Colts. He was traded to Denver, and we know the rest. Also things are different now with Eli then they were with Archie. All Eli would have had to do was play 4 or 5 years, for MILLIONS of dollars, with the Chargers. He then could have bolted (no pun intened) for a better team.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kashikis » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:22 am

WOW you guys are harsh as hell on the kid. I didn't like his move either but like maddog said he told this to the Chargers in a closed meeting. He never publicly said anything until the Chargers disclosed this to the media. I think the Chargers just did this to bait other teams into trading up for the first pick. In the end the Giants bit and made the trade.

I think he threw some piss poor attitude back at the Chargers for them trying to make an ass out of him for their own gain. So he was a bit childish but this isn;t the only time this has happened. Players come out and say which team they want to play for all the time. The difference between them and Manning was that they go right to the media while Manning sat down and explained it to the chargers like he should've. And the he went up there and held up the jersey anyway and posed for photos. To me that showed him swallowing his pride and showing some class.

San Diego made the first cheap shot in the public eye and I think he had every right to throw it in their faces. In the end though all that really matters is that every team involved in the Eli fiasco got what they wanted. Let's just leave it at that and see how these guys pan out before rating him #2 on the a$$hole list.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk