Baltimore fills WR more!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Baltimore fills WR more!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AF » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:49 pm

Something tells me Ray-Ray will make him a good fit in the lockerroom.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:56 pm

AF wrote:Something tells me Ray-Ray will make him a good fit in the lockerroom.

Ray hasn't stopped other Ravens from getting in trouble with the law, though...he hasn't even stopped himself from trouble with cops.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AF » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:59 pm

But he does get everybody on the same page Sunday afternoon. When was the last time you heard anything about players complaining? The Ravens play very well as a team and that is due in large part to Ray Lewis. Off the field everybody is on their own however...
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:01 pm

AF wrote:But he does get everybody on the same page Sunday afternoon. When was the last time you heard anything about players complaining? The Ravens play very well as a team and that is due in large part to Ray Lewis. Off the field everybody is on their own however...

Well, I don't think KJ has ever been a problem on the field, so that wouldn't be a factor, anyway.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AF » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:07 pm

Something got him cut from Cleveland and I don't think it was his off the field problems since Green is still with the Browns. It's hard to do anything more then just speculate since the Browns never said much about the situation. All that was ever said was they thought he should have developed more by this point in his career, but you don't cut a player mid-season for that, imo. It's hard to say but I think he had a clash with the coaching staff.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:05 am

AF wrote:Something got him cut from Cleveland and I don't think it was his off the field problems since Green is still with the Browns. It's hard to do anything more then just speculate since the Browns never said much about the situation. All that was ever said was they thought he should have developed more by this point in his career, but you don't cut a player mid-season for that, imo. It's hard to say but I think he had a clash with the coaching staff.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!!

Rumor about camp was that the team needed a lil shaking and baking. KJ had been clashing with the coaches/FO all season due to the merry-go-round at QB (backing Couch he was). With his inconsistent playing, and never really developing into the #1 WR Cleveland thought he would turn into, <snip snip> he was cut. I don't necessarily agree with this, just in fact that they should have traded him for something. But ah well....what can ya do...

I also agree with TheHeat. Our DBs are fairly young, and a lot faster than KJ. He has some skills, but I do believe that our secondary will keep him in check, not to mention a certain nose-sniffer who thinks he is the god of the running game. IF he is on the field, I'm sure he'll be wondering "When did they get a running defense?!!?"
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:21 am

Cleveland with a run defense???

Well, after so graciously helping Jamal Lewis reach 2000 yards last year if they did anything in the off season, it had better be improved run defense.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk