Cheesehead's 1st round analysis. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheesehead's 1st round analysis.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheesehead's 1st round analysis.

Postby CC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:19 pm

1. New York Giants - Eli Manning: They paid waay too much for him but he should be a franchise signal caller so you can't really fault them.

2. Oakland Raiders - Robert Gallery: Safest pick in the draft and he should be very good. What QB will he block for though? Do they have a RB in need of a good O-Line?

3. Arizona Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald: They get their guy and he should be amazing.

4. San Diego Chargers - Philip Rivers: Too high for him IMO, but they made out like kings in the deal so a nice move overall.

5. Washington Redskins - Sean Taylor: He could be the biggest impact player this year, a great pick at #5.

6. Cleveland Browns - Kellen Winslow Jr.: Gave up a lot to get him, but it should prove to be worth all they spent.

7. Detroit Lions - Roy Williams: Good value, the offence will certainly be fun to watch.

8. Atlanta Falcons - DeAngelo Hall: Best player available and a good fit for the Falcons.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Reggie Williams: He's very good and adresses a need, but a DE might have been the smarter pick.

10. Houston Texans - Dunta Robinson: The best value that fits a need for the Texans at this point, a very good pick.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger: SOD!!!

12. New York Jets - Jonathan Vilma: I really like the guy and with Hall and Robinson gone this was the most obvious and practical pick for the Jets to make.

13. Buffalo Bills - Lee Evans: I like the guy, but this is too high and Will Smith should have gone here.

14. Chicago Bears - Tommie Harris: The guy they needed and a great value this late.

15. Tampa Bay - Michael Clayton: This is too high for him and I think they will regret taking Steven Jackson.

16. Philadelphia Eagles - Shawn Andrews: Not a bad pick but I think DJ Williams would have filled a bigger hole (not literally).

17. Denver Broncos - DJ Williams: Everyone thought they were moving up for Jackson and they made a really nice pick that will offset the loss of Ian Gold.

18. New Orleans Saints - Will Smith: With Grant and Howard at the DE spots I really don't understand this selection.

19. Miami Dolphins - Vernon Carey: A good fit for the Dolphins and a nice pick here.

20. Minnesota Vikings - Kenechi Udeze: I don't think they could have been any happier with this pick.

21. New England Patriots - Vince Wilfork: They always make good selections, and this was no exception.

22. Buffalo Bills - JP Losman: It fills a hole, but they gave up almost as much as the Giants did to get Manning.

23. Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Tubbs: He will fill the DT spot nicely, a good pick by the Seahawks.

24. St. Louis Rams - Steven Jackson: Note to Mike Martz: Offence is not your problem.

25. Green Bay Packers - Ahmad Caroll: A good corner, although I like Gamble more, this is probably the end of Mike McKenzie.

26. Cincinatti Bengals - Chris Perry: They should have taken Chris Gamble and I think this was the worst pick of the 1st round.

27. Houston Texans - Jason Babin: A solid pick by the Texans, good for both teams.

28. Carolina Panthers - Chris Gamble: A steal at this spot, and fills the biggest need on the Panthers team.

29. Atlanta Falcons - Mike Jenkins: He should be a good compliment to Peerless Price.

30. Detroit Lions - Kevin Jones: I never thought I'd say this but, Matt Millen had a fantastic draft. A dream scenario for the Lions.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Rashaun Woods: They traded down twice and still got their man, a nice drafting job by the 49ers.

32. New England Patriots - Ben Watson: I like Troupe more but I don't think anyone has a right to question Bill Belicheck.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:57 pm

great analyisis ;-D
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sinnlos26 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:50 pm

yeah, good analysis ;-D

and ya gotta love ben at #11... yeah steelers!
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:08 pm

cheese i completely agree...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:31 pm

Very nice analysis, I agree with you on many points ;-D Especially the QBs
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re:

Postby TheNewbie » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:18 pm

24. St. Louis Rams - Steven Jackson: Note to Mike Martz: Offence is not your problem.

Actually defense isn't all that bad either. Steven Jackson was a great pick by the Rams who would've been looking for a RB in next years draft. So why not take who many think is the best RB in the draft? The only real need the Rams have are regarding the future with Marshall faulk and Aeneas Williams. Both questions were answered. The Defensive End issue that many think the Rams have with the loss of Wistrom is not as big of a problem as many think. Tyoka Jackson and Bryce Fisher produced stats as good as Grant Wistrom in less time, and the team is also really high on Erik Flowers who joined the team at the end of 2004. Look for a DE by commitee to be the answer to that question.

Pass protection should also be improved with McCullom being replaced by either Andy King or Scott Tercero.

I'm really pleased with the Rams draft picks and getting Steven Jackson this year will be a blessing in years to come. I can't see how drafting Jackson would be a bad thing regarding the Marshall Faulk age and injury situation.
TheNewbie

Friendliness: %

Postby CC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:46 pm

The Rams don't have any real needs? How about one of the most important positions in football? Travis Fisher and Jaremetrius Butler, nuff said.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:27 pm

Leonard Little may be suspended for a VERY long time after his DUI charge, especially since he had one previously where he killed someone while driving drunk.

Maybe the D-Line could have used an upgrade
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:27 pm

The Stephen Jackson pick especially surprised me because last year when Arlen Harris had to step in for Faulk, he looked fantastic. I figured that was insurance enough to not spend the 1st rounder on a RB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:44 pm

maddog60 wrote:The Stephen Jackson pick especially surprised me because last year when Arlen Harris had to step in for Faulk, he looked fantastic. I figured that was insurance enough to not spend the 1st rounder on a RB.

That was one game...the next week he had something like 10 carries for 6 yards (I know because I started him that week....oh shut up!). I was surprised by the Perry pick, especially when KJ was still on the board. Also shocked by the Julius Jones pick later on. Couldn't believe all the RBs fell that far. Maybe I underestimate him, but I don't see the hype in Michael Clayton.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk