Cheesehead's 1st round analysis. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheesehead's 1st round analysis.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:09 pm

maddog60 wrote:The Stephen Jackson pick especially surprised me because last year when Arlen Harris had to step in for Faulk, he looked fantastic. I figured that was insurance enough to not spend the 1st rounder on a RB.

Arlen Harris is not very good. Everyone remembers he had 3 TDs that week, no one remembers he had 93 yards on 36 carries.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:09 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
maddog60 wrote:The Stephen Jackson pick especially surprised me because last year when Arlen Harris had to step in for Faulk, he looked fantastic. I figured that was insurance enough to not spend the 1st rounder on a RB.

Arlen Harris is not very good. Everyone remembers he had 3 TDs that week, no one remembers he had 93 yards on 36 carries.

They'll probably going to move Harris to FB.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:26 pm

Great analysis, C-2. I agree that the Bungals probably made the worst pick. I think that Chris Perry is too slow and is not a power runner. He will be mediocre at best.
I also didn't like the Giants giving up so much for 'a Manning' I know brand names cost more but please keep your heads!
I did't like the Cards taking Fitz, but he is too talented for me to deny picking him. They just have other areas that needed fixing.
I think Martz is an A**! I know that is not an original statement, but I still find myself repeating it.

It seemed to me that a lot of teams seemed to address areas of weakness in the draft this year. Of course we have to wait and see how many of these players are going to cut it or flop.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re:

Postby TheNewbie » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:40 pm

The Rams don't have any real needs? How about one of the most important positions in football? Travis Fisher and Jaremetrius Butler, nuff said.

The CB's for the Rams are not bad. They're not shut down corners by any means but they're definitely not a liability. Fisher and Butler have gotten better every year they've played. Fisher's become a solid corner and Butler surprised many. And with Aeneas at FS the Rams secondary isn't bad.
TheNewbie

Friendliness: %

Re:

Postby CC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:52 pm

TheNewbie wrote:
The Rams don't have any real needs? How about one of the most important positions in football? Travis Fisher and Jaremetrius Butler, nuff said.

The CB's for the Rams are not bad. They're not shut down corners by any means but they're definitely not a liability. Fisher and Butler have gotten better every year they've played. Fisher's become a solid corner and Butler surprised many. And with Aeneas at FS the Rams secondary isn't bad.

Fisher and Butler are garbage. Fisher is a nickel back at best, and Butler has only suprised people with his lack of game. I can think of maybe 3 tandems in the league I would take them over. Pittsburgh, New York Giants, and maybe Jacksonville. Prolly not even Jacksonville.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:34 am

Good stuff, CC.

About the Rams needs - how about either line - offense or defense?
I dont want to nitpick the Rams pick too much, but they do have immediate needs they could have addressed rather than using the pick for the future.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk