Best rookie QB this year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best rookie QB this year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:55 pm

If Big Ben wins the starting job like i think he will he is most definetly the best rookie qb... throwing to Plax and Ward it doesnt get much better.... If Bledsoe gets hurt I might think about Losman as he will be throwing to a great receiver in Moulds

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:20 pm

1. Ben "why cant anyone say my last name" R-something-or-other
2. Eli Manning
3. Philip Rivers
4. J.P. Losman

Ben has the best offensive weapons at his disposal, and likely won't be on a team in the bottom of their division. Manning has a few choice weapons like Shockey, but will face some of the best coaches and elaborate defenses if he starts this year (I'm sure he'll be very familiar with Mr. Kearse and Mr. Dawkins by the end of the opening game). Rivers is in one of if not the worst NFL team. Suffice to say, the Chargers should be realistic and just shoot for not finishing in the bottom of the division, a feat I can't even see them doing anyway. Losman will have quality weapons when he starts, but his odds of starting this year look slim. I think Bledsoe will groom him for next year, and then he'll have a good impact.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:45 pm

wait did i miss something? Did the giants get rid of Kerry Collins? Because if they didnt I really dont see why they would start Eli. Or am I just out of the loop?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:55 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:wait did i miss something? Did the giants get rid of Kerry Collins? Because if they didnt I really dont see why they would start Eli. Or am I just out of the loop?

I'm pretty sure Kerry thanked the Giants for the time he spent there, and it looks like he's on the way out.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:12 pm

maddog60 wrote:1. Ben "why cant anyone say my last name" R-something-or-other
2. Eli Manning
3. Philip Rivers
4. J.P. Losman

Ben has the best offensive weapons at his disposal, and likely won't be on a team in the bottom of their division. Manning has a few choice weapons like Shockey, but will face some of the best coaches and elaborate defenses if he starts this year (I'm sure he'll be very familiar with Mr. Kearse and Mr. Dawkins by the end of the opening game). Rivers is in one of if not the worst NFL team. Suffice to say, the Chargers should be realistic and just shoot for not finishing in the bottom of the division, a feat I can't even see them doing anyway. Losman will have quality weapons when he starts, but his odds of starting this year look slim. I think Bledsoe will groom him for next year, and then he'll have a good impact.

All these Eagles fans are talking like Kearse and Dawkins are going to end his career in the very first game, contrary to what you might think Petitgout is pretty good.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:22 pm

I also like Ben because he has 2 great recievers and an emerging one in Randle El. Plus I just like him anyways...
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AF » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:34 pm

maddog60 wrote:1. Ben "why cant anyone say my last name" R-something-or-other

I'm only going to do this once. R-o-e-t-h-l-i-s-b-e-r-g-e-r

I'm sure I'm bias having gone to Miami University and watching Ben play but I think of the 3 he is going to be the best next year and for his career. I honestly can say I have never seen a QB who can throw as strong and as accurate on the run as Ben can. That is the one thing that I feel puts him far above Eli as an NFL QB. Even during the draft they were saying that Eli is average at best while on the run. If any of you watched the GMAC bowl this year (which I doubt many did) Ben made a throw 25 yards down field while running to his right and throwing to a player running across the endzone and hit him square in the numbers. When he made that pass everybody sitting in the room with me went slack-jaw. Was amazing. This and his ability to avoid the rush will make him a great NFL QB.

Also, the "Big Ben" nickname has got to go. That is so weak. At Miami we always called him B-Roe. No idea how that got started but it just stuck.

edit: fix the E I forgot in his name :-? I swear I know how to spell it. :-b
Last edited by AF on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:38 pm

Actually it's R-o-e-t-h-l-i-s-b-e-r-g-e-r with an E.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AF » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:44 pm

doh, type-o!!! My bad, I really do know how to spell it, I do, I do
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:26 am

See what I mean? God the announcers are going to have fun trying to get his name right.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk