Harrington's Fantasy Value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrington's Fantasy Value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harrington's Fantasy Value

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:39 pm

With all the offensive weapons(Rogers,Roy Williams, Tai Streets, Jones), do you think he should make a nice sleeper pick next year?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Harrington's Fantasy Value

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:With all the offensive weapons(Rogers,Roy Williams, Tai Streets, Jones), do you think he should make a nice sleeper pick next year?

I can give you my guarantee he will put up better numbers than Kordell Stewart this year.

Hard to say.. All of his weapons with the exception of Tai Streets is unproven. I have faith in Mariucci though. I'm sure he will be worth a backup QB spot.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:55 pm

I think he could be ok as a backup, maybe good. But his weapons are young and unproven, just like him. I think this year will show us something about Harrington.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:59 pm

I like Harrington, I think that team has a bright future. The offense is young and in another year they should have it together even more and Harrington could be even more valuable. I'm not sure you can call them weapons until you see them play though...
He is worth a backup QB spot, especially in dynasty leagues...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:03 pm

Roy Williams IS a weapon... I dont think he needs to prove himself, I think Harrington does cuz I have seen nothing from him so far in his NFL caree

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:19 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:Roy Williams IS a weapon... I dont think he needs to prove himself, I think Harrington does cuz I have seen nothing from him so far in his NFL caree

You cant say that. The NFL is different from the NCAA, just because he was great in college doesnt mean he will excel in the NFL. Ryan Leaf is a prime example. As far as Harrington goes, I think he has it in him, he just hasn't had the chance to exploit it, I definately see this offence coming together now though...playing behind all the time doesn't help Harrington either, and the fact he hasnt had the best WRs...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:22 pm

What Nittany said about Roy Williams having to prove himself. And, I'm liking Detroit's offense, but I think without a solid defense they're going to be under a lot of pressure to perform and its going to take a few years to really get things going (maybe next year with another good draft).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:25 pm

NittanyLions wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:Roy Williams IS a weapon... I dont think he needs to prove himself, I think Harrington does cuz I have seen nothing from him so far in his NFL caree

You cant say that. The NFL is different from the NCAA, just because he was great in college doesnt mean he will excel in the NFL. Ryan Leaf is a prime example. As far as Harrington goes, I think he has it in him, he just hasn't had the chance to exploit it, I definately see this offence coming together now though...playing behind all the time doesn't help Harrington either, and the fact he hasnt had the best WRs...

Exactly. You can't just assume someone won't be a bust. Look at top 10 picks of past drafts, and you'll find quite a few. And sadly, a few too many Penn State RBs. :~(
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:46 pm

MCG321 wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:

Exactly. You can't just assume someone won't be a bust. Look at top 10 picks of past drafts, and you'll find quite a few. And sadly, a few too many Penn State RBs. :~(

I couldn't agree more. If that was true, Ryan Leaf wouldn't have had to prove himself. Curtis Enis? Rashaan Salaam? Cade McNown? Damn, they are all Bears...

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:50 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
MCG321 wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:

I couldn't agree more. If that was true, Ryan Leaf wouldn't have had to prove himself. Curtis Enis? Rashaan Salaam? Cade McNown? Damn, they are all Bears...

Hopefully Big Rex will work out for ya.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk