Which struck you as funnier... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which struck you as funnier...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which struck you as funnier...

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:18 pm

the Giants trading the world for a QB that the Chargers wanted desperately to get rid of, or thier next pick being Chris Snee, who also just happens to be the father of Coughlin's grandchild?
I heard that and did a double take. This guy had better be a pretty good gaurd! And Coughlin what are you doing letting an ugly looking dude like that get anywhere near your daughter.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:40 pm

Although the Dennis Green/Fitz connection looked like a big reason he was picked there, he was the best available at #3 so I didn't care a whole lot about that. Hearing about this Snee thing is awful fishy.

Another friend of mine mentioned that Matt Mauck of the champion LSU Tigers was drafted after his backup at LSU...Note that the backup was a senior and Mauck was a junior that probably felt his year was probably enough to get him in the door.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mannubhai » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:50 am

Funnier - father of coach's grandchild...talk about job insurance.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:05 am

I've got one.... Michael Irvin busting on Roy Williams for being soft and staying in school for another year. That whore-using, drug-using, "do you know who I am" piece of crap! How dare Irvin say anything about anyone's character? Please.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:20 am

NFLknowitall wrote:I've got one.... Michael Irvin busting on Roy Williams for being soft and staying in school for another year. That whore-using, drug-using, "do you know who I am" piece of crap! How dare Irvin say anything about anyone's character? Please.

Irvin is probably just jealous that Williams can spell, and bitter because he doesn't have a source of income to support his drug habits anymore.

Seriously, for anyone in the NFL to criticize a player for staying in college, getting their degree, insuring they will have a livelihood and means by which to make a living past the age of 30-35, is just ignorant.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:40 am

Even though it is a total abuse of 20-20 vision, the cocaine Cowboy, Irvin, did reveal just how much that education means to most athletes. I still wait for the day I hear him yell something intelligent.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Flux » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:45 am

moochman wrote:Even though it is a total abuse of 20-20 vision, the cocaine Cowboy, Irvin, did reveal just how much that education means to most athletes. I still wait for the day I hear him yell something intelligent.

Well get comfy, thats going to be a long wait
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:20 pm

Irvin is a jerk and I hated him along with Deion while they played on the hated Cowboys. Anyway I think the Coughlin connection is pretty suspicious, but it is good to have a connection with your players :-?
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:24 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Anyway I think the Coughlin connection is pretty suspicious, but it is good to have a connection with your players :-?

but who said it was supposed to be genetic? :-?
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AF » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:33 pm

Honestly, if you ask me it is much wiser to leave school as soon as you can. Economiclly it is the right choice. By staying in college you miss out on a year or two of the money you could make by being a professional athelete and the years that you can do this profession are limited. So that is potentially millions of dollars that will be lost in the year or two that you stay in school. If you leave early you can make more money during your professional career and then when you are done playing sports there is nothing that is stoping you from going back to school and getting your degree. By that point if you have had a successful career you will have the financial freedom to take 2 or 3 years to finish your degree and then move on to another job. So really what Irvin said wasn't all that stupid, he just said it like an idiot.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk