EDIT: Psx2c madden/mvp league opening...PATRIOTS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

EDIT: Psx2c madden/mvp league opening...PATRIOTS

Moderator: Football Moderators

EDIT: Psx2c madden/mvp league opening...PATRIOTS

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:40 pm

Unfortunately the Eagles' owner in our league had a house fire a while back, and things aren't going as well as expected in terms of him getting back into his house, so he has taken the rest of the season off. This leaves the Eagles open. This hasn't happened often recently as people usually stick around this league (a good portion of the members have been around for a couple years now).

Check out the site/rules at http://www.psx2central.com/madden/2004

We play one game a week, have one season during the real NFL season and another during the offseason each year. Features include stat-tracking, automated league leaders/standings updates, articles including game reports, weekly picks, power rankings, an around the horn type article, and even a media guy that does promo videos sometimes. And, most importantly, a league full of great members such that very few games fall behind in terms of scheduling.

Check out the site, navigate around, etc. If you're interested in joining, go ahead and register and post saying so and that you'd like ot play an admin, and find an admin to play a screening game with (you can do it with me if you'd like).

Admin's AIM's are:

Moyer9513 (me)
psx2c bs
mpire667
mikej1983

Also, if you're interested in the mvp baseball league run through the site, there are several openings there as that league just got underway and is going through it's growing pains (whereas the madden league has been around a few years now).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my name on the site is Vcize

EDIT: PS, if you get the Eagles you'll be my divisional rival ;).
Last edited by Free Bagel on Sat May 15, 2004 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon May 03, 2004 2:55 pm

Bump for the update, Eagles are open, not the Bengals.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon May 03, 2004 4:15 pm

I would probably be interseted but I've been very busy lately with other things and another league and I'd also prolly go 0-16 as I'm nowhere near as good as you or most of the other people in that league probably.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Tue May 04, 2004 9:43 am

M_Zimm wrote:I would probably be interseted but I've been very busy lately with other things and another league and I'd also prolly go 0-16 as I'm nowhere near as good as you or most of the other people in that league probably.

Well I've never played you, so I don't know how good/bad your are. Really, if you don't mind losing we'd rather have an owner that is active and gets his games done on time than an owner that's really good and is never around.

A good portion of the league's owners are very very good, but there is another solid chunk that have to fight all year just to get a win until they play each other, so you wouldn't be alone if you're as bad as you say you are ;). It doesn't seem like that big a deal to them that they usually lose because a good deal of them have been around for more than a year now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri May 07, 2004 5:14 pm

Trust me, I'm as bad as I say. I've only been playing online for a couple months but I have 5 total wins in all my online games. I've gotten pretty used to losing but I don't have a ton of time right now and being the Eagles doesn't thrill me. If there's a spot open in a few months I'd think about it a little mroe I've been pretty busy with school lately.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aussieboy » Sat May 15, 2004 6:03 am

Hmmm....id be interested.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sat May 15, 2004 12:06 pm

aussieboy wrote:Hmmm....id be interested.

Make sure you read the rules first.

Then make a post on the site that you're interested with your AIM name, email, and EA name. Then try to get in touch with an admin to play a screening game.

The Eagles are filled by UtopianHopes but the Patriots have just come open (one of our eldest members who had been around for 2 years, had to drop due to real life issues).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Video Games