julius jones or steven jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

julius jones or steven jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

julius jones or steven jackson

Postby bigGAME101 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:49 pm

alright guys, this is a tough decision for me, but i was hoping to get some advice...
ok, i have marshall faulk on my dynasty team, and with the selection of steven jackson i naturally wonder what this means in terms of faulk's production. My question is, do i take steven jackson as insurnce to marshall with the no.4 pick in our rookie draft, or do i take a different guy like julius jones, who has a better chance at starting right away. My other backs are dom davis and travis henry... if it is any consolation, i have marvin harrison, chad johnson and joe horn as my receivers, but dont really want to trade any of them (for obvious reasons...we start 2 rb and 2 wr each week)..thanks for the help

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:56 pm

Tough call. I'd probably go with Stephen Jackson in your position. Faulk misses at least 4 games a year as it is, and he won't be around forever.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:02 pm

I'd go with Julius Jones. He'll probably be the starter in Dallas next season and will be for years afterward. He was inconsistant in college, but I blame that more on a lack of a decent supporting cast than his actual abilities. He'll do fine and dandy.

Stephen Jackson would only get an opportunity to play if Marshall Faulk goes down, and even then could possibly be a third stringer to Lamar Gordon or Arlen Harris. It could be a couple of years before he even starts...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:27 pm

I would have to say Jones too, he will atleast start...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:39 pm

Dynasty league where you already have Faulk? I'd definitely go with Jackson in that case...I almost went with Jackson in a league where I didn't have Faulk, if you have him it seems like you almost have to go with Jackson...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:21 pm

id look for any reason to take jackson over jones, and like bagel said, handcuffing him to faulk is a pretty good reason.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby pmix » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:32 pm

I'm in the same boat. But I have the #1 pick and the #6 pick in our rookie draft. I too have faulk, davis, but dillon as my 3rd in a dynasty league.

I can't decide whether to chance Stephen Jackson sliding to me to #6. That way i can take somebody like J Jones or K Jones or even Fitz or Roy Williams. We have 3 flex positions so the rbs would be awesome.

I was really really pissed to see Dallas not take Jackson, cause I was planning on him being productive in Dallas.

Regarding your question, If i was in your position of having the #4 than i definately would take jackson. First he is insurance to faulk when he gets injured and second he is the heir apparent when he retires. Your wideouts are solid enough.
I'M A CERTIFIED 'SPECIAL MASTER'
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:26 pm

LOL, 6 of one, half dozen of the other...FWIW, I'd take Jackson being in your position. St. Louis probably still has the more productive offense by far and atleast for this year they will probably use Faulk exclusively unless he's hurt in which case they will probably use Jackson.

I'm not a big fan of handcuffing but when comparing St. Louis's and Dallas' offenses it almost seems the way to go.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:30 pm

Wrong forum Wade-O.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:43 pm

yea since u have faulk and its a dynasty leugue then i also jackson but i woudnt b surprised if jones gets over 1200 yrds this yr
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk