Charles Rogers or Roy Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charles Rogers or Roy Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles Rogers or Roy Williams

Postby Natala Gala Pampa » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:23 pm

A couple of years from now who will be the better receiver? I suppose I could ask the same question of Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.

And one more question. Which duo is better?
Natala Gala Pampa
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:30 pm

I think they are pretty much even, but I would lean towards Roy because Charles took a really long time to recover from his collarbone injury. In Arizona, I think Boldin had just about the best season he ever will this year and that Larry will be the much better WR. Even though I think Larry is the best WR of the 4, I would still take Roy and Charles over Larry and Anquan.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WatchMeDisappear » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:36 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I think they are pretty much even, but I would lean towards Roy because Charles took a really long time to recover from his collarbone injury. In Arizona, I think Boldin had just about the best season he ever will this year and that Larry will be the much better WR. Even though I think Larry is the best WR of the 4, I would still take Roy and Charles over Larry and Anquan.

Let me get this straight..... you think that a wide recievers best year came in his rookie season?!? Can anyone else tell me why that statement makes absolutely no sense?
WatchMeDisappear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JrcWy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:39 pm

Still no love for Boldin...what a shame. A general rule that you should use more often than not is that rookie recievers won't fully adapt to the league for 3 years. Rarely do recievers evolve before this, and since Boldin has I consider him the have the biggest possible payoff. As for Rogers, expect about the same timeline as Santana Moss who had his injury the 1st year. He returned a year later but didn't start to shine until last year(his third year). Sure Roy and Fitz are great athletes, but wasn't Bryant Johnson too? Just remember the three year rule but pay attention to exceptions as they rise such as Boldin and Andre Johnson.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:42 pm

WatchMeDisappear wrote:
Let me get this straight..... you think that a wide recievers best year came in his rookie season?!? Can anyone else tell me why that statement makes absolutely no sense?

Yea i totalyy agree with Boldin is only going to get better..and the best is YET to come and Fitz and Bodin are WAY betetr then rogers and roy......boldin is way better then rogers and fitz is better then roy as simple as that
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:52 pm

Kind of weird when ya think about it.

All 4 came from the last two drafts, and Roy and Rogers are both more speed type receivers, while Boldin and Fitz are both possession type receivers.

Seems like it would've made more sense if they mixed up the two tandems and put one from each team together.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:53 pm

Boldin had the ball throw to him the second most times in the league last year. He had Emmitt carrying the ball and only Bryant Johnson to take away catches. Larry will get a lot of balls thrown to him and Shipp is a much better running back than Emmitt. He got most of his stats up in garbage time and the Cards will be a better team this year so they will get blown out less. If Boldin has more than 1300 yards and 101 catches I will change my signature to BOLDIN IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS and leave it like that for a month.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:55 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:If Boldin has more than 1300 yards and 101 catches I will change my signature to BOLDIN IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS and leave it like that for a month.

this will end up biting you on the ass
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:57 pm

I dont want to cause too many waves here, but one theory is that Boldin was simply the only offensive threat ARI had last yr and so they called his number over and over thus inflating his numbers. With a 2nd WR there logic might conclude that they will share yards rather than all of them going to one player. Maybe, just maybe, Boldin isnt as good as last yrs numbers might suggest. Personally, Im probably not going to pay the ransom he will demand in most drafts this summer.

As for the Lions, I think Williams will have the better yr unless Charlie can show he is 100% going into the season - and as of now he's still rehabing. A couple yrs from now? Thats simply a toss up - but let me go with Rogers.

Which tandem is better? Ill go with my homerism and say the Lions if nothing more than a case can be made that each was the top WR coming out of college. Also, theres the QB factor, and Ill take Joey over McCown.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:13 pm

Same, I'm definetly willing to let somebody else spend their 3rd round pick on him. As for my Boldin peaking early arguement, his 1st game was his best of the season...JK.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk