Charles Rogers or Roy Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charles Rogers or Roy Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby WatchMeDisappear » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:44 pm

Well unless Boldin is an unbelievable minority, his rookie season will most definitely not be his best. Can anyone name a WR whos rookie year was his best? Better yet, a player whos rookie year was is best?
WatchMeDisappear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:52 pm

WatchMeDisappear wrote:Well unless Boldin is an unbelievable minority, his rookie season will most definitely not be his best. Can anyone name a WR whos rookie year was his best? Better yet, a player whos rookie year was is best?

Well, except for last yr how about Randy Moss (17 TDs in rookie yr - took him 5(?) seasons to repeat that).

Now let me try one - besides Boldin last yr when was the last time a rookie WR was 2nd in the league in passes thrown to?
Last edited by Cornbread Maxwell on Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:52 pm

WatchMeDisappear wrote:Well unless Boldin is an unbelievable minority, his rookie season will most definitely not be his best. Can anyone name a WR whos rookie year was his best? Better yet, a player whos rookie year was is best?

Rick Mirer's rookie year was his best. Same with Heath Shuler.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:36 pm

I think that Williams will be the better reciever because of his size and physicality. He is more willing to fight his way off of the line and is almost as fast as Rogers. That said, Rogers could post better numbers because Williams could get double coverage and have the best CB on him. This could lead to Harrington bailing out on his routes (something he has shown a propensity for) and dumping the ball off to Rogers on crossing routes.
The Lions duo could be better simply by having a better team and QB around them. I am not sold McCown, and think he could reduce the affectiveness of both WRs.
And I could see how Fitz could gobble up most of the passes thus making Bouldin's rookie year his most productive. I don't feel it will be his best, just that it is possible.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby awwchrist » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:12 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:If Boldin has more than 1300 yards and 101 catches I will change my signature to BOLDIN IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS and leave it like that for a month.

dude, in a previous thread I said I would get a tattoo of a raider symbol on my body if Garcia has a better offensive season than Hasselbeck.

Change your sig file for a month? You daredevil. ;-)
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:19 am

Yes, Boldin was the only threat on Arizona last year, so he got his number called a lot. Yes, he'll share yards now with Larry Fitzgerald.

But may I reiterate: He was the only offensive threat last year. Any defense would have double covered him all game long by the seasons end, and he still performed. With Fitzgerald taking away coverage, and god forbid a decent running game to keep defenses honest, Boldin may not get as many plays going his way, but a) there will be more yards on the team to be had as they will be a better offense, and b) Boldin will make a higher percentage of plays as the defense is spread thinner.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:24 am

awwchrist wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:If Boldin has more than 1300 yards and 101 catches I will change my signature to BOLDIN IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS and leave it like that for a month.

dude, in a previous thread I said I would get a tattoo of a raider symbol on my body if Garcia has a better offensive season than Hasselbeck.

But he means it, you dont :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Flux » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:12 am

Im actually in agreeance with CC on this one. Boldin had one hell of a year last year, and yes he was double teamed and yes they had no running game. There offense is going to be significantly better this year with Shipp at RB and Fitz across from him.

Heres a couple things to think about though. Who was his QB last year? Jeff Blake. What does Jeff Blake do? He ALWAYS zeroes in on one WR and basically inflates their stats.

In Cinci it was Carl Pickens

Next stop was NO where Horn had his best first good year and it was his best year to date.

Next stop Baltimore, he was one of the main reasons Heap was considered a top 3 TE. W/o Blake he took a hit in production

Latest stop Arizona. Boldin put up very similar numbers to what Horn did in 2000 w/ Blake

Another reason i think Boldin will take a hit in production is b/c Fitzgerald is simply the better WR, and Dennis Green absolutely loves him. Like stated before they are both possession WRs, and Fitz is faster, bigger, taller, and has better hands. The QB is no longer Blake to play favorites, and McCown's chemistry with Boldin is limited to 3 starts and a mini-camp.

Im not saying Boldin will be a bust, but for those of you who think he is going to get 1500 yds and 10 TDs are dreaming. For both Fitz and Boldin id guess around 1000 yds and 5-6 TDs.

In order for Boldin to actually improve on his numbers you people are saying he should be considered in the same class as Moss, Holt, Owens, and Harrison. Do you really think he is as good as they are?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am

I like Bolden but have to agree that he won't match his production of last year with Fitz on the other side and McNown at QB.

Not many of their other WR's did much last year, except one catch I remember by some guy named "Poole" in the last game last year on the last play. Do any Vikings fans remember that one? hehehe, just had to rub it in a little.

Roy Williams is much better than Charlie. Period. I won't even argue the point, I will just sit back and watch then say "I told you so".
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:06 am

Homeless wrote:
awwchrist wrote:

But he means it, you dont :-)

oh on the contrary...
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk